The simFlight Network Forums

GoFlight MCP Pro

Hi,

i just purchased the GoFlight MCP Pro, I also purchased a license for FSUIPC4.6.3. The problem is the the buttons and switches are not recognized by FSUIPC.  Using FSX, VISTA.  any help will greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ozzie

i just purchased the GoFlight MCP Pro, I also purchased a license for FSUIPC4.6.3.

You don't purchase 4.63 but FSUIPC4. That covers all version 4's.

There's no version 4.63 as such. The current major user release is 4.60a, but the latest increment is 4.638, available in the download Links subforum.

The problem is the the buttons and switches are not recognized by FSUIPC. Using FSX, VISTA. any help will greatly appreciated.

FSUIPC doesn't recognise any Goflight stuff directly. As documented, it depends on the correct GoFlight driver, GFDev.dll, also being installed. If you haven't installed the GoFlight software then that won't be installed in the place FSUIPC expects it to be (in the sdame folder as GFConfig.exe).

There is a suitable GFDev.dll available in the Download Links subforum too, if you prefer not to install the GoFlight package as a whole. You can put it in the FSX Modules folder, or into a Windows-accesible place like Windows\System.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

You are correct, I purchased the key for 4.60 and downloaded the 4.638 from this forum. I have downloaded the GFDev.dll and placed it in the Goflight folder.

At first it seemed to work, but the real fix was to load a default aircraft compatible with GF (I used the MS Boeing) used the MPC then loaded my ATR and that's what makes it work for the ATR. All buttons & switches where recognized by FSUIPC.

I guess the Boeing initializes something the ATR does not.

I then created 4 mouse macros for heading bug 1) inc slow 2) inc fast 3) dec slow 4) dec fast (I use slow for both, the fast macro is too fast for GF knob). 

The new problem is I cant sync the GF Knob display with the heading bug, it seems the Knob goes faster then the bug (slow macros).

Then the GF display is off from the display in the cockpit. This only happens with fast. slow works properly. Is there a way to sync the MCP with the cockpit display using FSUICP, or is this a GF problem?

Note: the CRS knob works without FSUIPC programing (fast/slow).

Thanks

Ozzie

... and placed it in the Goflight folder

Is that the folder where GFconfig is installed? If so then it should already have been there from the GoFlight software installer.

FSUIPC will not find it there unless the Registry points correctly to GFConfig in the same folder. If you installed the GoFlight software with their installer it should all happen automatically. At least this used to be the case. maybe they've changed things of late?

At first it seemed to work, but the real fix was to load a default aircraft compatible with GF

It makes no difference to FSUIPC's Button assignments what aircraft is loaded.

I suspect that FSUIPC is not, in fact, seeing GFDev.dll because the Registry does not point to it. Try putting it into the FSX Modules folder.

Also please note that to FSUIPC the buttons are just buttons for assignment. The aircraft is a complete irrelevance. It does not care. Note that it does NOT handle the displays.. For that you'd have to use my freeware GFdisplay program, or program the device in a Lua plug-in. Actually I did mean to do a Lua program for the GF MCP Pro, as an example, but haven't had time.

I guess the Boeing initializes something the ATR does not.

Not as far as FSUIPC's interface with GFDev.dll it cannot. There's absolutely no relation. It may just be that GFDev.dll is getting loaded later by the GF FSX driver.

The new problem is I cant sync the GF Knob display with the heading bug, it seems the Knob goes faster then the bug (slow macros).

Since FSUIPC itself doesn't drive the GF displays I think this must again be another mixup with what the GF driver itself is doing.

If you want to use FSUIPC with the GF MCP Pro you would really need to disable it in the GoFlight software, or stop its EXE running altogether. They can't work happily together trying to read the same buttons and operating the same A/P controls.

There is an example for the GF MCP in the GFDisplay documentation, but not for specific aircraft, only to show it programmed for Project Magenta. It's an example only.

Regards

Pete