The simFlight Network Forums

Widefs7

HI I have just installed FSUIPC and WideFS onto my computer. i have put all the right files where they should be and i have a connection showing both on FSX and on the WideFS on the secondary computer All is well to this point. I wish to run FScommander9 on the secondary computer and have installed a copy of FSC however whenever i try to run this i am asked to run the FSX data. . This data is on the main computer . your instruction manual does not explain how to run programs from one computer to the other. could you please help out an older user who is a bit new to computers. please be as explicit as you can Very much appreciate your help david stokes

... and have installed a copy of FSC however whenever i try to run this i am asked to run the FSX data. . This data is on the main computer . your instruction manual does not explain how to run programs from one computer to the other. could you please help out an older user who is a bit new to computers.

WideFs handles the communication from and to FS via the FSUIPC interface. It does not have anything whatsoever to do with programs accessing files across the network. That is all handled by Windows Explorer and sharing files, or mapping folders as remote drives. I'm afraid I do not know how FSC does things. It should be documented in their manual. If not perhaps someone on their support forum can help.

Regards

Pete