The simFlight Network Forums

CRJ 700 EICAS key comants

Hello,

I have installed a registered copy of FSUIPC 4.6 and I can’t find in the FSUIPC program interface screen- dropdown list any assignment for the EICAS.

How can I assign keyboard keys for the default FSX crj700 EICAS, in order to be able to change the displayed screen via my keyboard?

Thanks,

Yiannis

I have installed a registered copy of FSUIPC 4.6 and I can’t find in the FSUIPC program interface screen- dropdown list any assignment for the EICAS.

FS can only offer what FSX provides. What specific controls were you expecting? There's a list of all of the FSX controls installed for you in the FSUIPC Documents folder in your FSX modules folder.

How can I assign keyboard keys for the default FSX crj700 EICAS, in order to be able to change the displayed screen via my keyboard?

If there are FSX controls provided for them, you can identify them by enabling Event logging in the Logging tab in FSUIPC options, then activating the function you want on screen. If that used an FSX control, it will be logged, and the name of the control that you can assign will be shown.

If this gives no results, then there are only two other possibilities. One is that mouse macros would do the job -- there's a chapter on these in the User Guide. However, if this is a default Microsoft aircraft then I doubt very much that this route will be successful.

The other method is by using local variables, or "L:Vars". If the gauge for the EICAS is written using XML this is more likely to be successful.

[LATER]

I've just checked. It uses L:Vars. The correct one for the EICAS screen selection is "L:EFIS Screen" and it takes parameters 0 to 5 to select between 6 screens. So you can make a macro for it as decribed in the FSUIPC Advanced Users manual. For example, for a cyclic increment you'd need a macro file, called say CRJ.mcro containing:

[Macros]

1=L:EFIS Screen=Cyc

In FSUIPC keys tab, assign to CRJ:EFIS Screencyc setting the parameter to 5, as the cyclic limit.

Regards

Pete

Hello,

Thanks,

Yiannis

Hello Pete.

I thank you for the resonse.

I have created the macro file exactly as described by you and I have save it in the Modul file in FSX.

Yes indeed the dropdown list contends the new command for assignment “CRJ: L:EFIS Screencyc”.

I have set the parameter to 5 but unfortunately it doesn’t work.

The gauge EICAS doesn’t circle its screen.

Regards,

Yiannis

I have created the macro file exactly as described by you and I have save it in the Modul file in FSX.

Yes indeed the dropdown list contends the new command for assignment “CRJ: L:EFIS Screencyc”.

I have set the parameter to 5 but unfortunately it doesn’t work.

The gauge EICAS doesn’t circle its screen.

It works perfectly here.

So, either you have made a mistake, or perhaps your FSX is not fully updated (I am using FSX + SP1 + Acceleration) and the EFIS L:Var is different in the version you have. To find out, assign a button or keypress to the "List Local Panel Vars", then use it with the aircraft loaded and check the FSUIPC log for the names of all the L:Vars.

Or, better, put the "log lvars.lua" file, which you will find in your FSUIPC documents folder, in the FS Modules folder, inside the Example LUA Plugins ZIP, into the Modules folder, then load FS and assign a button or key to "Lua log lvars". Run that with the aircraft loaded and it will also list all of the L:vars, in the lgo AND on screen, and, better, show what happens when you mouse-click the up/down buttons on the EICAS gauge. Compare what that does to what your assign EFIS button does.

Sorry, I can't help much more than providing something which works. Please double check everything. If all else fails, enable Button logging and show me the FSUIPC log file -- include the tests using Lua as I explained above.

Pete