The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC v.398a and Win 7

When i start up the program FSUIPC and WideFS i dont get into the program. When i install the program i put in name and code. When i start up i FS09 the screen gets total black. When i push esc. i get back to FS09. So im wonderer if the version and WIN 7 Pro dont speak to

Lokje

When i start up the program FSUIPC and WideFS i dont get into the program. When i install the program i put in name and code. When i start up i FS09 the screen gets total black.

At what stage do you get this "total black"? Immediately you double click the FS shortcut, or does something happen first?

A bit more information might help, please.

incidently I moved your post out of the FAQ subforum -- FAQ means "Frequently Asked Questions" and this certainly isn't one! ;-)

When i push esc. i get back to FS09. So im wonderer if the version and WIN 7 Pro dont speak to

If you are asking if FSUIPC is compatible with Win7 then, yes, of course it is. I use Win7 on three of my PCs. No problem. It's a very nice operating system -- easily the best yet from MS, and there are many happy users.

If there's an FSUIPC.LOG file in the FS Modules folder, show it to me please-- you can past it here. There will also be an Install log. Show me that too.

If there is no FSUIPC LOG then FS is crashing before it even loads FSUIPC.

Regards

Pete

Hello

Thanks for yor answer.

I have started up the FS09. I push the ALT buttom, then i get the meny up on the top of screen Then i choose the Modules and there is only one buttom and thats is FSUIPC.

When i click with my mouse on that buttom, the screen get black. To get back to FS09 i click on the ESC buttom, then the screen is normal.

I dont find the file og name of FSUIPC.LOG and INSTALL.LOG on my computer.

Iam total new on WIN 7 Pro. SO i have some problem to find things on my computer.

So maby this is a problem with Administrator so i have to make me have one Administrator client on my pc.

Best regards

Kjell

I have started up the FS09. I push the ALT buttom, then i get the meny up on the top of screen Then i choose the Modules and there is only one buttom and thats is FSUIPC.

When i click with my mouse on that buttom, the screen get black. To get back to FS09 i click on the ESC buttom, then the screen is normal.

That is a video driver bug which prevents the standard Windows dialogue being drawn on top in full screen mode.. Either update your video drivers (the default ones installed by Win7 itself are not very good -- go to www.guru3d.com and get the current ones for your card), or switch FS to Windowed mode to use Windows dialogues.

I dont find the file og name of FSUIPC.LOG and INSTALL.LOG on my computer.

I expect you have Windows Explorer set to hide filetypes from you. They are in your FS Modules folder -- from what you say they must be. Windows probably says they are text files.

So maby this is a problem with Administrator so i have to make me have one Administrator client on my pc.

Nothing to do with FSUIPC needs special administrator rights.

Regards

Pete