The simFlight Network Forums

Losing Vis Upper Altitude Setting

Peter

From time to time I have been losing the Visibilty Upper Altitude Limit setting in 3.98. Having set an altitude of 6000, it would go to 0. This puzzled me for a time until I discovered that it occurs when you open up the FSUIPC module in FS9 perhaps checking a setting or making an adjustment but exit by pressing CANCEL. This action resets the VisUpperAltitudeLimit to zero irrespective of what tab you have been in. Pressing OK retains the setting.

Really just drawing this to your attention as now I know about it, it isn't a huge issue.Just hope the info may help others.

Martin Plain

From time to time I have been losing the Visibilty Upper Altitude Limit setting in 3.98. Having set an altitude of 6000, it would go to 0. This puzzled me for a time until I discovered that it occurs when you open up the FSUIPC module in FS9 perhaps checking a setting or making an adjustment but exit by pressing CANCEL. This action resets the VisUpperAltitudeLimit to zero irrespective of what tab you have been in. Pressing OK retains the setting.

Hmm. Strange. I'll check it here. It might be another symptom of one of the fixes made since 3.98 -- there was an error in an internal array size which corrupted at least one thing we knew about.

Really just drawing this to your attention as now I know about it, it isn't a huge issue.Just hope the info may help others.

Thanks. I'll check it out with the current Interim version (3.989q).

[LATER]

Okay -- I cannot make it happen in the current interim version, so I'm pretty sure what I surmised above is correct. If you look at the list of changes since 3.98, it was part of the same bug which is listed as

21. An error in the FSUIPC options interface is fixed which would have caused a number of odd problems, including the resetting of the "white messages" option on the Miscellaneous page.

so I'll add this problem to that item. It was fixed in version 3.989d, in September.

Please visit the Download Links subforum, and update to 3.989q (or whatever interim version you find when you look) and confirm that you agree it is fixed -- then I'll update the wording to include it.

Thanks again,

Pete