The simFlight Network Forums

Problems calibrating Ailerons FSUIPC 3.98 Win 7

I am having a problem calibrating ailerons and elevators in FS9 with FSUIPC 3.98. I have tried both my Saitek pro Yoke setup and Saitek X45 with the same end result. I know FSUIPC is seeing both of these controllers because the values move from -16.... to 16..... in both axis assignment tab and joystick calibration tab for elevators or ailerons. The problem arises when I attempt to set min max and center levels. FSUIPC seems to accept the first value i input (either min or max or centre) however further attempts to click on min max or centre max result in the "windows ping sound", and the software will not input the value into the desired min, max, centre position. When i return to FS9 elevators, and ailerons either do not function at all or will respond to one input (Max left or right) (Max up and down) . All throttles, prop feathers, mixtures, rudder pedals and buttons calibrate and work flawlessly. Just the ailerons and elevators seem to have a problem. I have set FS9 to options\ Controls\ Disable Joystick before using FSUIPC . These controllers worked fine before I installed my registered copy of FSUIPC. Any insight would be more than valuable.

I am having a problem calibrating ailerons and elevators in FS9 with FSUIPC 3.98. I have tried both my Saitek pro Yoke setup and Saitek X45 with the same end result. I know FSUIPC is seeing both of these controllers because the values move from -16.... to 16..... in both axis assignment tab and joystick calibration tab for elevators or ailerons. The problem arises when I attempt to set min max and center levels. FSUIPC seems to accept the first value i input (either min or max or centre) however further attempts to click on min max or centre max result in the "windows ping sound", and the software will not input the value into the desired min, max, centre position

That happens (only) when the numbers are not in ascending order, left to right. It sounds like you are trying to set the maximum to a lower number than the minimum, or centre, etc. The order of the two centre values is irrelevant, but both must be between minimum and maximum, and the minimum must be less than the maximum. Note that negative numbers are arithmetically LESS than positive numbers. Maybe you are thinking that the sign doesn't matter? It does.

Pete

That happens (only) when the numbers are not in ascending order, left to right. It sounds like you are trying to set the maximum to a lower number than the minimum, or centre, etc. The order of the two centre values is irrelevant, but both must be between minimum and maximum, and the minimum must be less than the maximum. Note that negative numbers are arithmetically LESS than positive numbers. Maybe you are thinking that the sign doesn't matter? It does.

Pete

Thank you Pete:

I realize that this is the case, and that negative numbers are arithmetically less than positive numbers. That is a simple concept . However it doesn't seem to matter what value is input first. Whatever value I input FSUIPC will not accept the next number. I can program extreme right or extreme left (Min Max) or extrem up or down (min max) or centre values. The program just will not accept a second number. It doesn't seem to matter if I input the low value first or the higher value first. Could it be a problem with the way the program installed or a an issue with how it is interfacing with FS9?

I realize that this is the case, and that negative numbers are arithmetically less than positive numbers. That is a simple concept . However it doesn't seem to matter what value is input first. Whatever value I input FSUIPC will not accept the next number.

Well, the only time it rejects one and makes the error sound is when min <= both centres <= max would not stay true if the number was to be accepted. That's the only test it performs, the only check it makes.

What are the numbers showing before you try to 'set' new ones (MIN - CEN + CEN - MAX)? And what is showing in the "IN" when you press which 'SET' button?

I can program extreme right or extreme left (Min Max) or extrem up or down (min max) or centre values. The program just will not accept a second number.

Sorry, what do you mean by "a second number"? You seem to have covered all 4 possible numbers in your list of what you can set!

Could it be a problem with the way the program installed or a an issue with how it is interfacing with FS9?

No. It is a simple arithmetic check it is performing. And it is totally independent of both Windows and FS9. And it has been like this now for 12 years and I've never heard from anyone before that it doesn't work as I describe.

Regards

Pete