The simFlight Network Forums

PFC wiring help. Peter is the best I hear.

I got a used PFC yoke with a gameport connection. The throttle and axis work well but the only one of the rocker buttons works. I tried reverse engineering the PFC circuit board. I seem simply but I can't figure out to make all six buttons work. The rocker switches have two wires and a resistor but I am not sure how it understands the position of the rocker. I bought a test db-15 board to try and figure out the wiring. I am considering a usb conversion, but I know it will require a little rewiring. I am hoping to not have to go to the usb. If anyone has a pfc yoke with a gameport DB-15 I would love some help with mine.

I got a used PFC yoke with a gameport connection. The throttle and axis work well but the only one of the rocker buttons works. I tried reverse engineering the PFC circuit board. I seem simply but I can't figure out to make all six buttons work. The rocker switches have two wires and a resistor but I am not sure how it understands the position of the rocker. I bought a test db-15 board to try and figure out the wiring. I am considering a usb conversion, but I know it will require a little rewiring. I am hoping to not have to go to the usb. If anyone has a pfc yoke with a gameport DB-15 I would love some help with mine.

I've never had a Game Port PFC device -- mine have always connected via one of their control boards (Throttle Quadrant system or Centre Console) and thence via a COM port and my driver for FS. However, I think all of the buttons on their yoke operate using the same principle as the buttons on the old CH flightstick -- each press produces a difference resistance on the same wires and this is decoded into combinations of only 4 bits -- 14 possible button values (all on being nothing pressed) supplied to the CH-type driver looking like 4 button combinations.

As for what wires go where and what they do, sorry I can't help. But have you tried PFC themselves? www.flypfc.com. They have a Support Forum too. Probably not as responsive as this one, but worth a try.

Regards

Pete

I've never had a Game Port PFC device -- mine have always connected via one of their control boards (Throttle Quadrant system or Centre Console) and thence via a COM port and my driver for FS. However, I think all of the buttons on their yoke operate using the same principle as the buttons on the old CH flightstick -- each press produces a difference resistance on the same wires and this is decoded into combinations of only 4 bits -- 14 possible button values (all on being nothing pressed) supplied to the CH-type driver looking like 4 button combinations.

As for what wires go where and what they do, sorry I can't help. But have you tried PFC themselves? www.flypfc.com. They have a Support Forum too. Probably not as responsive as this one, but worth a try.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete,

I have tried PFC but they weren't a ton a help. I guess some of the gameport units could be converted to usb but mine isn't one of them. I even ask if I could get a schematic for a it(a product they don't sell anymore) and you know the asnwer to that question. I think I will do a usb conversion like BU0836.