The simFlight Network Forums

Spoilers

Hi Pete,

Is there a way to disable the spoilers axis once the aircraft is on the ground prior to spoilers deployment? I'm using a sail servo to control the spoiler lever on my real TQ to simulate speed brake deployment on touchdown. The spoiler lever is connected to the spoiler pot which controls the spoiler axis. The sail servo is also connected to the same spoiler lever! On touchdown the servo tries to move the spoiler lever to aft deployed position but because the spoiler pot is also active they get in a tug of war back and forth.I tried physicality disconnecting the input lead of the spoiler pot with a relay using (squad-switch) offset on touchdown prior to speed brake deployment ,but when the relay disconnects the input lead of the spoiler pot on touchdown the flap pot on the same joystick controller board acts as spoilers and flap pot!When I move the flap handle I see a change in spoiler deployment %. I conform spoiler movement with flap handle in FSUIPC calibration screen. Any suggestions or solutions?

Thanks

Phil

Is there a way to disable the spoilers axis once the aircraft is on the ground prior to spoilers deployment?

I can't say I understand the rest of your post, so I'm only going to answer this part.

First, FSUIPC (for sure) and FS (I think) do not act on axis inputs unless they change. So if your spoiler axis is "quiet" (not jittering), then by simply not moving it it will be ignored. If it is jittery and assigned in FSUIPC you might want to increase the Delta to stop the jitters being seen.

If this is no answer because the axis HAS to move, then:

Second, yes. you can disconnect the spoiler axis via offset 32F8. Are you writing a program? If not you could have a Lua plug-in which monitors the "on ground" flag at offset 0366 and connects or disconnects the spoiler axis at the appropriate times.

Regards

Pete