The simFlight Network Forums

Matlab & FSUIPC

AX12

Hi,

My question is this: would it be possible to use a Matlab compiled program in FSX using the FSUIPC as interface?. For what I´ve seen, C++ is the prefered programming language in MSFS but unfortunately I´m not very familiar with it.

Thanks,

Ax

My question is this: would it be possible to use a Matlab compiled program in FSX using the FSUIPC as interface?

Sorry, but I don't know what Matlab is. If you do I'm sure you should be able to determine this for yourself. Providing you have access to the required Windows API calls and can program reasonably flexibly in Matlab (is it a language?), then I don't see why not.

For what I´ve seen, C++ is the prefered programming language in MSFS

Where have you seen that? It is my preferred language (well, at least C, not C++), but most folks seem to use Visual Basic or one of those new-fangled managed languages in .Net, like C#.

The FSUIPC interface is provided, in the SDK, in C source form so could be implemented in any other language by someone who knows both. See the examples in different languages in the SDK, and also the popular .Net interface provided by Paul Henty (Download Links subforum, FSUIPC Client DLL for .NET).

Regards

Pete