The simFlight Network Forums

Registration Keys Rejected

I just bought both FSUIPC4 and WIDEFS7. When I tried to register I get a message that neither key is a valid 12 digit registration key. I copied and pasted and also entered manually about 4 times. No dice!???

I assume you are doing this in the version 4.60 installer or later? If not update!

Otherwise the problem will be that you are making a mistake entering some of the details. You have to spell your name the same way as well as the email address - exactly the same as your Registration. All three parts are linked together and cross-checked.

The only other possibility is that you purchased keys for FSUIPC3 and WideFS6 by mistake. But if you are Bruce, I think not.

Pete

I assume you are doing this in the version 4.60 installer or later? If not update!

Otherwise the problem will be that you are making a mistake entering some of the details. You have to spell your name the same way as well as the email address - exactly the same as your Registration. All three parts are linked together and cross-checked.

The only other possibility is that you purchased keys for FSUIPC3 and WideFS6 by mistake. But if you are Bruce, I think not.

Pete

Disregard, Pete --- My name came back with the registration keys without the middle initial. So I had to delete the middle initial on the registration. I am good to go. Now I have to figure out how to use the calibration and assignment keys and the rest of it. So far I am stumped. There must be a manual or instructions somewhere???

Bruce

Did you not even find the Installation and Registration guide inluded right next to the Installer, inside the ZIP? Please find it and read the first few lines which tell you what you get and where it is!

:-(

Pete

Pete --- Yes, read that several times, or maybe I should say-- I skimmed it several times. Fact is I was looking just in the FSX root folder for it. Somehow I missed the *Modules* Folder advice. What do you know, it's right where you said it would be!!!

Now you know why I didn't go to Law school 50 years ago!

Bruce