The simFlight Network Forums

Reset All Axis in FSUIPC

I recently decided to disable my joystick and start using FSUIPC for Axis Assignment and calibration. I am using Windows Vista with FS9 and FSX. A Saitek Pro Yoke and dual throttle quadrants. The first that I noticed was sometime FSUIPC wouldn't acknowledge movement with the second throttle quadrant. After deciding to just disconnect the secondary quadrant and use just one I am having difficulty getting the axis to map correctly. I am wanting to just reset all axis and start from scratch with just the 3 levers and not 6 levers.

Thanks,

John

I recently decided to disable my joystick and start using FSUIPC for Axis Assignment and calibration. I am using Windows Vista with FS9 and FSX. A Saitek Pro Yoke and dual throttle quadrants. The first that I noticed was sometime FSUIPC wouldn't acknowledge movement with the second throttle quadrant.

Sounds like it timing out. Saitek devices seem to take a while to respond sometimes, and FSUIPC is fussy. Are you using a old version of FSUIPC? Because that was changed to be more tolerant in 4.60 and 3.98.

I am wanting to just reset all axis and start from scratch with just the 3 levers and not 6 levers.

Just delete the [Axes] section in the INI file. But make sure your FSUIPCs are up to date. Also see the Download Links subforum.

Pete

Sounds like it timing out. Saitek devices seem to take a while to respond sometimes, and FSUIPC is fussy. Are you using a old version of FSUIPC? Because that was changed to be more tolerant in 4.60 and 3.98.

Just delete the [Axes] section in the INI file. But make sure your FSUIPCs are up to date. Also see the Download Links subforum.

Pete

Pete,

Thanks, I will try the new versions today.

John

Pete,

Thanks, I will try the new versions today.

John

I tried the new versions and I am experiencing similar things. I don't have the time out issue with the Saitek levers, now if I set the first 2 levers to throttle 1 and prop 1 it seems that they somehow reverse and are then backwards. This is very frustrating. When I go back to my old FS9.cfg file before I started messing with this those no longer work correctly either.

John

I tried the new versions and I am experiencing similar things. I don't have the time out issue with the Saitek levers, now if I set the first 2 levers to throttle 1 and prop 1 it seems that they somehow reverse and are then backwards. This is very frustrating. When I go back to my old FS9.cfg file before I started messing with this those no longer work correctly either.

Well the latter point seems to confirm that it cannot be anything in FSUIPC specifically. If you are using a mixture of Saitek drivers, MS assignments and FSUIPC I'm afraid you might have a mess on your hands. Best to start from basics. Check Saitek alone, then FS assignments, and only then, if you really still want to, FSUIPC. FSUIPC does not perform miracles, it only offers a little more accurate calibration, and the possibility of automatically changing assignments for different aircraft.

Regards

Pete

Well the latter point seems to confirm that it cannot be anything in FSUIPC specifically. If you are using a mixture of Saitek drivers, MS assignments and FSUIPC I'm afraid you might have a mess on your hands. Best to start from basics. Check Saitek alone, then FS assignments, and only then, if you really still want to, FSUIPC. FSUIPC does not perform miracles, it only offers a little more accurate calibration, and the possibility of automatically changing assignments for different aircraft.

Regards

Pete

I am going to delete the FS9.cfg and the fsuipc.ini file and try starting there. It seems odd the axis are still assigned after deleting the Axes part of the ini file. I will post back with the status tomorrow after my testing is done.

Thanks,

John

Ok so after deleting the FS9.cfg file and starting from scratch, I was able to get the correct controls to work, but only half the travel. When I would go from 0-100% on all 6 levers, the control didn't start working until I was at 50% on the control. This doesn't work real well with thrust reverse. :mrgreen:

I tried looking at the joystick calibration settings but I am unable to get them to change to the full travel.

John

Ok so after deleting the FS9.cfg file and starting from scratch, I was able to get the correct controls to work, but only half the travel. When I would go from 0-100% on all 6 levers, the control didn't start working until I was at 50% on the control. This doesn't work real well with thrust reverse. :mrgreen:

I tried looking at the joystick calibration settings but I am unable to get them to change to the full travel.

If you are trying to calibrate in FSUIPC with axes assigned in FS, be sure to have FS's sliders set correctly -- null zone full off (zero), sensitivity full right (max). As it says in the documentation, in fact.

Otherwise If, in FSUIPC calibration there are no changes in the value appearing in the "IN" field, for 50% of the travel, then the problem certainly lies in the device, its driver, or Windows calibration.

FSUIPC cannot calibrate for areas of a joystick which give no change in input. Obviously?

Regards

Pete

It seems to be working now. I found another set of documentation that helped me with the setup. The rescan button wasn't being used correctly I don't think. I just need to get my problem worked out with the rudder pedals and brakes.

Thanks Pete,

John

Edit: Update - the rudder pedals and brakes are fixed now as well. I had to adjust the endpoints for the low side axis.