The simFlight Network Forums

LUA script for lvld 767

Hi,

I'm trying to setup my saitek multipanel using spad driver for 767 level-d plane. I managed to assign almost all the functions using button emulation. The problem is very long respond of alt inc/dec function - it's almost unusable to correctly set altitude by this way. I think LUA script could be the solution. Maybe someone has such a script for 767 autopilot functions.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

(Sorry for my English - it's not my native)

I'm trying to setup my saitek multipanel using spad driver for 767 level-d plane. I managed to assign almost all the functions using button emulation. The problem is very long respond of alt inc/dec function - it's almost unusable to correctly set altitude by this way.

Can you tell me how you have it assigned. What controls? Buttons with the repeat whilst held option normally work fine.

I didn't realise SPAD provided button emulation too -- others seem to be using it to send keystrokes.

Regards

Pete

Can you tell me how you have it assigned. What controls? Buttons with the repeat whilst held option normally work fine.

I didn't realise SPAD provided button emulation too -- others seem to be using it to send keystrokes.

Regards

Pete

Yes - my mistake - spad only sends virtual joystick keystrokes to FSUIPC.

I managed saitek multipanel rotary knob to change alt in lvld 767 mcp but alt change function in the mcp has something like auto rate acceleration during alt changes and I see such a symptoms: during turning the multipanel rotary knob altitude at the begining changes are very slow (100 feet rate) and then after some lag I have 30000 feet in 1 second. I can't fine tune it using spad acceleration tune bar, so I thought, LUA script could help (as it did in Aerosofts's AirbusX case).

Edited by tom767

I managed saitek multipanel rotary knob to change alt in lvld 767 mcp but alt change function in the mcp has something like auto rate acceleration during alt changes and I see such a symptoms: during turning the multipanel rotary knob altitude at the begining changes are very slow (100 feet rate) and then after some lag I have 30000 feet in 1 second.

That is supposed to happen (100 changing to 1000's on keypress repeat or mouse hold), but 30 times in one second is wrong. Sounds like the Rotary (or SPAD?) repeat rate is too high.

Too many keypresses getting queued? I never like keypress methods.

If it's the rotary sending on/offs very fast, doesn't turning it slower do the job?

I can't fine tune it using spad acceleration tune bar, so I thought, LUA script could help (as it did in Aerosofts's AirbusX case).

You could do almost anything you like with Lua, but I'm not sure how the mechanism would work. What can you make SPAD do to help?

Pete