The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek quadrant: axis only 50%

Just bought a brand new Saitek Throttle quadrant but I cannot get it working ok in FSX.

Discription:

The "propellor" lever jumps form 0 to 50% instantly in FSX. (when seen from within VC)

Situation:

- registered FSUIPC 4.60a

- Controllers disabled in FSX

- Axis assigned through FSUIPC

- Throttle and mixture ok

- In Saitek calibrations screen, I can get 0 - 100% movement

- In FSUIPC calibration screen, the max + axis value is reached half way the levers movement

- latest Saitek drivers for Win7 64bit

Also assigning axis in FSX itself does not help.

Can anybody figure out what is happening?

Happy holidays everybody!

Just bought a brand new Saitek Throttle quadrant but I cannot get it working ok in FSX.

Have you tried Saitek support? Their products seem to cause the most pain for everyone. I cannot support their stuff.

- registered FSUIPC 4.60a

- Controllers disabled in FSX

- Axis assigned through FSUIPC

Why? Get them working in FSX first. What's the reason for using FSUIPC assignments?

- Throttle and mixture ok

- In Saitek calibrations screen, I can get 0 - 100% movement

- In FSUIPC calibration screen, the max + axis value is reached half way the levers movement

Calibrate them then. You can make the min and max values occur wherever you like along the axis, provided the IN numbers change all the way. Please read the section of the User Guide about calibration. Follow the numbered steps.

Also assigning axis in FSX itself does not help.

You most certainly need to go to Saitek then. If they are brand new perhaps they are covered under warranty?

Pete

found a solution:

somehow, Win7 remembered some strange calibration setting. Things is, after installing the Saitek drivers, the driver window showed proper movement.

However, when I selected calibrate from the FSX controller menu, a different calibration window showed up.

In this window, I selected "default" in the calibration settings et voila, a proper functioning set of controllers.

Happy now!