The simFlight Network Forums

fatal error with 4.645

Hi all,

like goo in his topic from Dec. 25, I get a fatal error too. However I use the latest update 4.645.

With 4.60 this never happened.

My FS is the German version with the acceleration pack

The symptoms are the same, when loading FS it says that it has a problem with FSUIPC4.DLL, version 4.645 and recommends not to execute it.

If this recommendation is ignored, it proposes to send an error report to Microsoft.

See attached screenshots (unfortunately in German).

The problem happens

- when I for the first time started FS after installing version 4.645

- whenever i exchange the FSUIPC4.ini file (i.e. delete it and copy an earlier version into the system).

After several tries it finally works, and then I cant detect any more malfunctions. However I couldnt find out the exact mechanism what makes it work (how often to select what options offered on the screen etc...). So this is rather frustrating.....

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this problem, or at least how to make FS accept the dll in a straightforward manner?

Thank You in advance for any good ideas!

like goo in his topic from Dec. 25, I get a fatal error too. However I use the latest update 4.645.

With 4.60 this never happened.

If FSUIPC 4.60 was properly "trusted", then so would 4.645 be, and SimConnect would not go through the precarious trust checking which is the usual bug stopping a DLL from being loaded. So if this is the case your problem is likely to be completely different.

The symptoms are the same, when loading FS it says that it has a problem with FSUIPC4.DLL, version 4.645 and recommends not to execute it.

If this recommendation is ignored, it proposes to send an error report to Microsoft.

See attached screenshots (unfortunately in German).

Evidently missing in your message. But I don't want to see it in any case. I only want the details extracted, please. The reported Module name, the error code, and the address.

The problem happens

- when I for the first time started FS after installing version 4.645

- whenever i exchange the FSUIPC4.ini file (i.e. delete it and copy an earlier version into the system).

So, it sounds like something different and related to one of the options in your earlier INI file. So, I'd need to see that, and also for you to conduct a process of elimination on the differences.

Additionally, if it is getting as far as reading the INI file or creating a new one, it must be creating a Log file. So please show me that!

After several tries it finally works, and then I cant detect any more malfunctions.

That, though, again sounds like a symptom of the SimConnect bug. However, it only happens once. After SimConnect is happy with the trust it doesn't go through the same machinations again. Additionally that sort of error occurs before FSUIPC is even entered, so there's no difference for INI files and no Log produced.

However I couldnt find out the exact mechanism what makes it work (how often to select what options offered on the screen etc...). So this is rather frustrating.....

If it happens no more, how is it frustrating, or am I misunderstanding what you've said above?

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this problem, or at least how to make FS accept the dll in a straightforward manner?

I thought you just said you had done?

I can't really offer any further advice without information. Certainly whether it produces a Log is most significant, and the contents of it is so!

Regards

Pete

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Pete,

Thank You for your quick answer.

Evidently missing in your message. But I don't want to see it in any case. I only want the details extracted, please. The reported Module name, the error code, and the address.

This information was on a pdf file which I attached to my original posting. Seems this file didnt go through.

As it works now, the original log file has been overwritten. Unfortunately I didn't keep a copy of the old log file.

I just wanted to know if someone by chance knew a more efficient way than starting FSX again and again for some 15 minutes or so until it finally works.

Sorry to have bothered you,

Max

I just wanted to know if someone by chance knew a more efficient way than starting FSX again and again for some 15 minutes or so until it finally works.

It shouldn't happen in the first place, and in fact rarely does. This is why it is more important to gather information on those few occasions when it does.

Regards

Pete

Greetings, Pete,

now I managed to reproduce the problem.

It shouldn't happen in the first place, and in fact rarely does. This is why it is more important to gather information on those few occasions when it does.

Maybe therefore the following information might be of interest for you.

The FSX messages were as follows (translated from German, have to type them manually, as the screenshots are > 20K and I cant attach them):

1) The message which says "Flight Simulator has found a Problem with a 3d-party software (add-on)" has the parameters:

Name: FSUIPC4DLL: FS new universal IPC interface

Version: 4.645

Company: Peter L. Dowson

File: Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

It continues with the option to execute this softare (Yes and No buttons)

2) After pressing Yes in the above message, a new message shows up which gives the option to send a problem report to Microsoft.

This report would contain the following data

Exception Information:

Code: 0xc0000

Flags: 0x00000000

Record: 0x0000000000000000

Address: 0x00000000610561b5

System Information

Windows NT 5.1 Build: 2600

CPU Vendor Code: 756E6547 - 49656E69 - 6C65746E

CPU Version: 000006FB

CPU Feature Code: BFEBFBFF

Module 1

fsx.exe

Image Base: 0x01000000

Image Size: 0x00000000

Checksum: 0x002ab03c

Time Stamp: 0x46fadb14

Version Information

The following files will be incorporatet into the error report:

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\admin\Anwendungsdaten\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFG.txt

(path is in German, in English I think it would be something like ...documents and settings\username\application data\..., this is the complete path to my FSX installation)

...\FSX\dxdiag.txt

... \FSX\scenery.cfg

...\FSX\fdr.dat

...\FSX\DLL.xml

I tried to attach the FSUIPC log file to this reply, but the system tells me that I am not allowed to do it. So I just copy the contents:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.645 by Pete Dowson *********

Reading options from "C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"

Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

User Name="Max Seiermann"

User Addr="seiermax@t-online.de"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Running inside FSX (using SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Module base=61000000

Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

DebugStatus=15

78 System time = 02/01/2011 20:04:18

78 FLT path = "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\admin\Eigene Dateien\Flight Simulator X-Dateien\"

78 FS path = "C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

657 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

(end of log file)

Again: No need for me that you bother about that problem too much, i can live with this situation. But maybe the information above is useful for you in general.

Feel free to let me know whether I should save some files or get some other data out of my system to you if the problem happens again.

Thanks again for your time,

Max

now I managed to reproduce the problem.

Maybe therefore the following information might be of interest for you.

Yes, very much so. Thank you!

It certainly is NOT the usual SimConnect bug. Something else is going on there. I'll see what I can find out. Your information is very useful.

I tried to attach the FSUIPC log file to this reply, but the system tells me that I am not allowed to do it. So I just copy the contents:

Yes, that's always the best in any case unless it is too large.

Feel free to let me know whether I should save some files or get some other data out of my system to you if the problem happens again.

Thank you. I will get back to you.

[LATER]

On first analysis it looks like it happens when FSUIPC is trying to make a list of your Sound devices, in the INI file. Do you think you could please check the INI file, find the [sounds] section and show it to me (paste it here). Also, you can log the details it finds by adding these lines to the [General] section of the INI:

Debug=Please

LogExtras=x20

If you could do this before loading FS, then show me the log, please. You don't need o try to reproduce the error.

In version 4.60 there were no Sound facilities in FSUIPC, which also helps explain the difference. I think there's something unexpected in the definition of one of your sound devices. If I can see wehat it is I can fix it.

Thanks & Regards

Pete

Greetings, Pete,

just a quick answer (have to leave for work soon). I have added the 2 lines to the General section as you mentioned.

"Experiment 1"

Error message reproduced, after several tries started FSX without FSUIPC (pressing the "no" key)

Sound Section of ini file:

[sounds]

Path=C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\

Those are the 2 last lines in the INI file.

Corresponding log file:

Reading options from "C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

Module base=61000000

DebugStatus=15

78 System time = 04/01/2011 08:11:02

78 FLT path = "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\admin\Eigene Dateien\Flight Simulator X-Dateien\"

78 FS path = "C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

672 LogOptions=00000000 00000211

672 Sound: Path=C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\

672 Sound: EnumDevice=Primärer Soundtreiber

-----End of log file

"Experiment 2"

Error Message came, but tried to load FSX with FSUIPC anyhow (pressing the Yes key). FSX now accepted FSUIPC on the 1st try (normaly it took many more tries...)

Sound section of ini file is now:

[sounds]

Device1=Primärer Soundtreiber

Device2=Realtek HD Audio output

----- end of sound section, but ini file continues with [JoystickCalibration]

The corresponding log file:

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

Module base=61000000

DebugStatus=15

94 System time = 04/01/2011 08:20:07

94 FLT path = "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\admin\Eigene Dateien\Flight Simulator X-Dateien\"

94 FS path = "C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

688 LogOptions=00000000 00000211

688 Sound: Path=C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\

688 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

3079 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

3079 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

3079 FSUIPC Menu entry added

3125 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=N, In Menu=Y, In Dlg=Y

3125 c:\dokumente und einstellungen\admin\eigene dateien\flight simulator x-dateien\EDNR.FLT

3125 C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172\Cessna172SP.AIR

28110 Weather Mode now = Theme

141985 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=N, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N

142032 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=Y, In Menu=N, In Dlg=N

142969 System time = 04/01/2011 08:22:30, Simulator time = 08:20:36 (07:20Z)

142969 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint1"

143297 Exception 15 "WEATHER_UNABLE_TO_GET_OBSERVATION", Ref 2395, Index param -1 on Weather request type 5

145297 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

147297 Exception 15 "WEATHER_UNABLE_TO_GET_OBSERVATION", Ref 2398, Index param -1 on Weather request type 5

158922 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=Y, In Menu=Y, In Dlg=Y

164032 System time = 04/01/2011 08:22:51, Simulator time = 08:20:51 (07:20Z)

164032 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Average frame rate for running time of 17 secs = 113.4 fps

Memory managed: 8 Allocs, 8 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

Hope the information above is useful to you. Just feel free to let me know if I can give you further informations.

Regards, Max

Hope the information above is useful to you. Just feel free to let me know if I can give you further informations.

The information is ambiguous, so I'm not able to pinpoint the problem yet. I've made some small changes in the area I think it is related to. Please, when you get time, could you download 4.646 using this link:

FSUIPC 4646

and see if you can make the error again? If so I need the crash data -- i.e. the module address, as in this part of your excellent earlier report:

Exception Information:

Code: 0xc0000

Address: 0x00000000610561b5

Leave the two extra logging lines in for now and show me the logs and [sounds] section too, please, as before.

Thank you!

Pete

Greetings, Pete,

seems to me that the problem is fixed.

Just tried it out with version 4.646 and made the following experiments

a) new dll 4.656 and no ini file at all:

-> FSX started without any problems and created a new ini file

B) new dll 4.646, but replaced ini file with previous ini-file, which had originally given problems with 4.645, but worked

after several tries

-> FSX started normally too without problems

c) old dll 4.645 and an ini file which gave problems earlier

-> problem with 4.645 showed up as usual

-> killed FSX by means of the Windows task manager

-> replaced old dll with new 4.646 dll, but left the ini as it was

-> With 4.646 FSX started without any problems

The Sound Section of the ini file after this test came out as:

[sounds]

Device1=Primärer Soundtreiber

Device2=Realtek HD Audio output

So I think the problem is solved with version 4.646. If it should show up again, I will send you the relevant data immediately.

Thank You for your efforts and your patience with a newbie...

Best regards, Max

P.S. Let me guess: Was it the German "umlaut" ä in "Primärer " which gave the troubles?

P.S. Let me guess: Was it the German "umlaut" ä in "Primärer " which gave the troubles?

No. I think it must have been to do with the length of the sound path, but I still haven't worked it out as more than enough space was allowed for it. There are some other changes in this sort of area, related to the Logging, which might have hidden the error rather than fixed it, so please make sure it is still okay without those two extra INI lines you added for me.

Regards

Pete