The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.989t setting disorder

Dear Pete.

I purchase your wonderful product years ago and enjoyed to use it every flight.

My system is :

Win7 64 ultimate+FS2004 9.1+FSUIPC 3.989t+PMDG 744.

Day before yesterday (31.12.2010) i config the CHFlightSim Yoke USB+CHProPedals USB+CHThrottle Quadrant USB with all the setting and took a test flight to check it, of course everything was work perfect.

I turn off the computer and go to "party". to night shift at work at the airport.

Today (02.01.2011) i start up my computer for flight and I noticed that all the setting that i config are disorder, a big Mess, and the Cockpit View is adjust to pan up permanent, Although i press the space bar to reset the View is change again to pan up.

I change the aircraft model from PMDG 744 to Cessna and i got the same problem with the cockpit view.

1- I delete all the disorder setting from the FSUIPC.

2- I update the FSUIPC to 3.989t.

But Nothing is helpful. The delete setting is ok,i can config again with no problem at all, But i do not know how to resolve the view pan up problem?

Can you suggest me what to do?

Regards,

Alon.

Day before yesterday (31.12.2010) i config the CHFlightSim Yoke USB+CHProPedals USB+CHThrottle Quadrant USB with all the setting and took a test flight to check it, of course everything was work perfect.

I turn off the computer and go to "party". to night shift at work at the airport.

Today (02.01.2011) i start up my computer for flight and I noticed that all the setting that i config are disorder, a big Mess

So, something changed. Did you unplug your devices and reconnect them? Were they connected to a USB hub which was perhaps powered off when you started?

It sounds simply as if the devices have swapped their Windows identity numbers, so jumbling up your assignments.

FSUIPC contains a facility to deal with that. It is called "joyletters", where you can have letters assigned to the different devices, and assign functions according to those. Then FSUIPC automatically reads the descriptions and unique "GUID"s associated with each device and ensures the correct one is reassigned to the same letter each time, even if Windows reconfigures them or you connect them differently.

The documentation contains details of this facility, and you can set it do assign letters automatically. Meanwhile, if you cannot sort your mess out you would need to delete the INI file and start again, but enable the joystick lettering before you start assigning.

Regards

Pete

• Upvote 1

Dear Pete.

Thanks for the fast replay.

So, something changed. Did you unplug your devices and reconnect them? Were they connected to a USB hub which was perhaps powered off when you started?

No,Nothing is changed after i turn off the computer.i unplug my devices and reconnect them again after i saw the problem.My devices connect direct to the MB(no use with USB hub).

FSUIPC contains a facility to deal with that. It is called "joyletters", where you can have letters assigned to the different devices, and assign functions according to those. Then FSUIPC automatically reads the descriptions and unique "GUID"s associated with each device and ensures the correct one is reassigned to the same letter each time, even if Windows reconfigures them or you connect them differently.

The documentation contains details of this facility, and you can set it do assign letters automatically. Meanwhile, if you cannot sort your mess out you would need to delete the INI file and start again, but enable the joystick lettering before you start assigning.

Thanks Pete i will try it Tomorrow after work.

Regards

Alon

Dear Pete.

Thanks very much, problem Resolved.

As you suggest to me to delete the INI file and enable the joystick lettering.

But now i got another issue:

The moment i touchdown with the PMDG744 i got message DIFFERENTAL BRAKES.Even if i am not push any of them.

I do not got any problem when i TAKEOFF.

Regards,

Alon

The moment i touchdown with the PMDG744 i got message DIFFERENTAL BRAKES.Even if i am not push any of them.

I do not got any problem when i TAKEOFF.

If it's a general problem, not specific to that aircraft, it sounds simply like your toe brakes aren't calibrated correctly. You need to leave a reasonable dead zone, and area before the "minimum" setting, so that not only with feet off the pedals the brakes are off but also when using the rudder you aren't accidentally pressing brakes too.

If it's only with that aircraft I'm afraid you need to ask someone who knows it, or at least has it. Try PMDG's own Forum perhaps?

Regards

Pete