The simFlight Network Forums

Frustrated

I purchased FSUIPS a few months ago, and have my receipt. invoice 650995

This was previously registered, but when I looked in FSX at the addons it says unregistered. register with the installer.

Well I downloaded the software again and the registration doesn't work.

Tried to reinstall the installer I had already and it tells me I have a newer version.

Looked in add/remove programs and can't find it there to uninstall!

Now my hair is on fire!

I use this with WideFS and Project Magenta.

What the heck am I supposed to do now?

I purchased FSUIPS a few months ago, and have my receipt. invoice 650995

This was previously registered, but when I looked in FSX at the addons it says unregistered. register with the installer.

Sounds like you either reinstalled or rolled back Windows, or deleted your FSUIPC Key file from the Modules folder.

Well I downloaded the software again and the registration doesn't work.

Why did you download it again? Did you lose it? And what exactly do you mean by "the registration doesn't work". At what point when you re-entered your details did it say this?

Tried to reinstall the installer I had already and it tells me I have a newer version.

You don't "reinstall the installer", you simply run it. When you run it it checks the version you have, and of course won't overwrite a later one. That would be stupid, don't you think? But it continues, and at the end offers you the opportunity to register. Did you ignore that?

Please please PLEASE read the documentation. There's an Installation and Registering guide packed with the Installer!

Looked in add/remove programs and can't find it there to uninstall!

Why do you want to uninstall? If you really want to, just read the section in the User Guide on how to uninstall it -- it is near the beginning, and listed in the contents list as "De-installing".

This is what documentation is for, to tell you how to do things, and help. Please do make use of it.

If you want to continue using FSUIPC, though, there's no point whatsoever in uninstalling it, is there? That would be stupid, don't you think?

Now my hair is on fire!

Oh dear, better give up smoking!

What the heck am I supposed to do now?

Call the fire brigade right away!

Or, if you mean about your registration, sit down, read a little of the supplied documentation, then run the Installer again and re-enter your registration details when the dialogue is offered, at the end. Make sure all three parts are entered exactly correctly, then you'll be okay. Panicing and making assumptions doesn't fix things, it never has.

Regards

Pete

Finally just deleted the FSUIPC files from modules and re-installed my original download and the registration worked.

Good, but you shouldn't have needed to delete anything. All parts that matter are replaced or updated by the Installer. It simply does not undo any interim update you may have done, such as install the much later 3.989u or 4.651 versions currently available from the Download Links subforum.

Regards

Pete

Sorry about last evening, rotten day all around. No excuse.

Now that the registration is sorted, can I just install the latest version over the top and not have to re-register FSUIPC and WIDEFS?

And if I need to run the registration again will my old one work?

No longer frustrated, just confused.

Since thery are both working fine and show registered, I'm almost afraid to mess with it any more.

Jim

Now that the registration is sorted, can I just install the latest version over the top and not have to re-register FSUIPC and WIDEFS?

Yes, of course. When the Installer reaches the stage where it asks you if you want to Register, just press the Cancel button.

You only ever need to Re-register if you reinstall Windows, or roll it back to a Restore point before your registration was entered, or move to a different PC, or, in error, delete the KEY file from the FS Modules folder.

And if I need to run the registration again will my old one work?

If you insist on re-entering the details, just get them right. If you enter them incorrectly then of course it won't work any more and you'd need to reenter them correctly. I'm sorry to say this, really, but isn't this just common sense,? There's nothing magic going on here. You have a good registration, you get good results, you have a bad registration, you get bad results. There's only one registration kept, not a whole history of them with FSUIPC choosing from them at random!

But as I said there's no need to re-enter anything.

Mostly these things are answered in the documentation by the way.

Regards

Pete