The simFlight Network Forums

Carenado C182 autopilot Hi Sens button

I am programming buttons on my yoke and quadrants to operate all the functions in my FSX Carenado C182Q and have been successful except for the button on the autopilot panel marked HI SENS . When on this is supposed to improve autopilot response during localizer approach or when off dampen response for smoother tracking of en route VOR radials but I cannot find a function code listed for it in FSUIPC. Does anyone know what the code should be please. Kendo

I am programming buttons on my yoke and quadrants to operate all the functions in my FSX Carenado C182Q and have been successful except for the button on the autopilot panel marked HI SENS . When on this is supposed to improve autopilot response during localizer approach or when off dampen response for smoother tracking of en route VOR radials but I cannot find a function code listed for it in FSUIPC. Does anyone know what the code should be please.

FSUIPC only provides default FS controls, plus a few additions of its own. That sounds like something added specifically by Carenado. Does their documentation provide any information about ways of switching it other than the mouse? If it will accept a keypress you can program that in FSUIPC.

Otherwise you might need to investigate the use of L:Vars (Local Panel Variables). If you check some of the User Contributions about other aircraft, in the sub-forum of that name, you will see all sorts of suggestions for this. Unfortunately no one has contributed anything for that aircraft yet, though, so you may need to research it yourself.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete. There are no keypresses listed in the documentation so I tried the L:VARS and using Gunter's guide it turned out to be far simpler than it looked at first sight.

The control was identified as Yaw Damper. I am fully set up now. Thanks again, Kendo