The simFlight Network Forums

FSX Moved from C to D

Hello Peter,

I reinstalled a fresh FSX install at a new harddisk. After that I copied the total original installation (all the addons, scenery, modules ...) over this new installation.

Indeed, for most addons this did not work and I still had to reïnstall almost all of them.

Also I reïnstalled FSUIPC, registrated again, letting it search for a allready know registration (could this be the problem?)

In spite of that, WideFS Client (the networked pc with GApanel and SIOC on it) does not 'see' WideServer.

(it says it is waiting for it...)

How do I make them connected again ?

Thanks for your help !

Bram Stikkel

Hello Peter

I only spotted this query by accident. Please post support questions to the support forum. You posted to the "User Contributions" subforum, which is where folks have produced something or solved something and wish to help others by publishing it.

I reinstalled a fresh FSX install at a new harddisk. After that I copied the total original installation (all the addons, scenery, modules ...) over this new installation.

Indeed, for most addons this did not work and I still had to reïnstall almost all of them.

That's because many applications need to place parts in assorted Windows places, like the Registry, and add entries to files like DLL.XML and EXE.XML.

Also I reïnstalled FSUIPC, registrated again, letting it search for a allready know registration (could this be the problem?)

Which version? Nothing earlier than 4.60 I hope, or it isn't supported.

How did you "let it search"? There's no option for that, only to enter registrations, delete them or check them. Does it say it is registered or not?

In spite of that, WideFS Client (the networked pc with GApanel and SIOC on it) does not 'see' WideServer.

(it says it is waiting for it...)

Is WideFS registered? Is it enabled? Look at the main options screen in the FSUIPC Options. Does it provide a button to enable or disable WideFS?

How do I make them connected again ?

Without any information I cannot hazard a guess at present.

Regards

Pete