The simFlight Network Forums

Calibration is OUT OF WACK

Hi,

I finally got everthing working right, until tonight again, i started fsx, and went to fly default 747, and the throttles are all out of wack. I have 6 saiteck instrument panels, 3 flight panels, flight yoke, and 3 throttle quadrants. every time i start fsx.. the controls are different, I do have the FSUIPC resgistered version. and it's really hard to control. any kind of help please.

Dwayne

I finally got everthing working right, until tonight again, i started fsx, and went to fly default 747, and the throttles are all out of wack. I have 6 saiteck instrument panels, 3 flight panels, flight yoke, and 3 throttle quadrants. every time i start fsx.. the controls are different, I do have the FSUIPC resgistered version. and it's really hard to control. any kind of help please.

What version number of FSUIPC? Are you assigning in FSX or FSUIPC? Are you calibrating in FSUIPC? You don't really tell me anything to help I'm afraid.

If you are assigning in FSUIPC, why? If you are assigning in FSUIPC are you using the "joy letters" facility so that FSUIPC can track your devices? Otherwise if you plug them in differently, or even do minor changes to your USB connections, like sometimes have them connected and powered and other times not, Windows re-numbers them so their IDs change (the joystick numbers 0 to 15 used in FSUIPC assignment). This is why I implemented the lettering facilities, which allows FSUIPC to change the number assignments should the devices move.

If you are assigning in FSUIPC be sure you have disabled all controllers in FSX. In general there is no need to assign in FSUIPC unless you need to make use of some of FSUIPC's extra facilities. You can calibrate FSX assigned axes in FSUIPC too.

Regards

Pete