The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC + SIOC + FSX + MS B737-800

Hi all,

I am new to this and have a problem when trying to access the EFIS panel (MS B737-800 version). I am using IOCARDS, SIOC and FSUIPC4. I have no troubles at all to make anything else to work like AP, gear, flaps, speedbrakes, light and so on, but the EFIS gives no results.

I have built my own cockpit and when trying to change the value for EFIS range ($0E60) nothing happens on the NAV display. I have also tried an other address I found $04F8. But still no change on the NAV display. I also tried to change the EFIS mode switch by its address, but nothing there either. The program "FSinterrogate2std", shows there is a ($0E60) address for EFIS (values 0,1 or 2). But the "FSX" support is not checked.... It does not help if I check that FSX box either. And I can't find any other address for EFIS range that is compatilble with FSX.

Please advice.

Thanks.

I am new to this and have a problem when trying to access the EFIS panel (MS B737-800 version). I am using IOCARDS, SIOC and FSUIPC4.

What version of FSUIPC4? I need to know the version number. There was an error until recent versions, as listed here in the interim update change list:

30. Fixed an error which prevented the FSUIPC-added EFIS ND Mode controls (inc, dec and set) working correctly on the default FSX 737-800.

Otherwise they work okay on the default 738.

I have built my own cockpit and when trying to change the value for EFIS range ($0E60) nothing happens on the NAV display.

I'm not surprised. Offset 0E60 is not used in FSUIPC4. THe EFIS range is controlled via offset 0E00.

I have also tried an other address I found $04F8. But still no change on the NAV display.

As clearly documented, 04F8 belongs to Project Magenta. If you aren't using PM software it will naturally have no effect.

I also tried to change the EFIS mode switch by its address, but nothing there either.

Its "address"? What the "address" of a switch? Sorry, you've lost me there.

The program "FSinterrogate2std", shows there is a ($0E60) address for EFIS (values 0,1 or 2). But the "FSX" support is not checked..

That is because those so-called "EFIS" offsets refer to the viual approach system which was implemented in older editions of FS -- the hoops you fly through. Microsoft called that "EFIS". It is not at all related the the ND, and as you would see if you referred to the correct document (the FSUIPC4 Offsets Status PDF) those offsets certainly don't apply to FSX.

.. It does not help if I check that FSX box either. And I can't find any other address for EFIS range that is compatilble with FSX.

Please use the offset documentation supplied, then you'd save yourself a lot of bother and time. The data in FSInterrogate is NOT intended to be used as a reference. it is a utility, with data entered by users, and not up to date. The SDK contains your reference documentation, updated for interim versions by the changes list supplied in the Download Links subforum.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your fast reply. I have now upgraded to a later version, I believed that I used the latest one, as I bought and downloaded it just some hours earlier. The $0E00 address worked well, thanks.

I tried to find the document "Offsets Status PDF", but I can't find it in the "download links" subforum or in the installation folder on my computer.

I tried to find the document "Offsets Status PDF", but I can't find it in the "download links" subforum or in the installation folder on my computer.

As I said (see "The SDK contains your reference documentation"), it is part of the FSUIPC SDK, the same place as where FSInterrogate comes from. The SDK is not automatically installed on everyone's system, as it contains far too much stuff aimed at developers and folks doing their own thing, not of interest to the majority.

Where did you get FSInterrogate if not from the FSUIPC SDK? As far as I'm aware that's the only place! Why are you using it instead of the documentation?

The SDK is available on the same main download site as FSUIPC and WideFS, i.e. http://www.schiratti.com/dowson .

Pete

I have found the 4.4 version of the offset list in the SDK zip-file. Maybe that is the latest one offset list. It did not have any information about EFIS.

Yes, the SDK badly needs updating. That is your correct reference rather than FSInterrogate though -- that is more out of date and wrong in some places.

All changes since then are listed in the changes list -- the FSUIPC4 History document for changes up to the current official release (4.60) and the list in the Download Links - Updated Modules thread for interim updates since then.

The SDK will be updated from those last two sources in due course. Major updates of both FSUIPCs and WideFS are due soon. It's the documentation which slows me down! ;-)

Regards

Pete