The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS on Multiple PCs

Hi Pete,

I'm have issues with internet connection timing out through flights, I have WideFS Server with 4 Clients. This means having to reset the config file on the Clients.

Next issue (or not) is a have a setting on my router that has defined IPs after the DHCP they start as 10.10.10.100 to 10.10.10.110 allowing for 10 PCs connected, this is working perfectly fine with WideFS except when the internet goes down.

Is is possible to add a range of IPs in the config file??

Mark

I'm have issues with internet connection timing out through flights, I have WideFS Server with 4 Clients. This means having to reset the config file on the Clients.

Sorry, what does "resetting the config file on the Clients" entail? I've never heard of such a thing. The Wideclient.INI file has no need of user interference. And neither WideFS nor FSUIPC has anything whatsoever to do with the Internet, so I really don't understand why your Internet timeouts affect WideFS?

Next issue (or not) is a have a setting on my router that has defined IPs after the DHCP they start as 10.10.10.100 to 10.10.10.110 allowing for 10 PCs connected, this is working perfectly fine with WideFS except when the internet goes down.

Is is possible to add a range of IPs in the config file??

No. Won't it locate the Server by name? And in order to stop the IP address changing, simply define a fixed IP address on the Server PC instead of letting the router assign them. It is recommended to do this in any case as it saves having Windows continually polling for IP addresses. All your PCs should have fixed IP addresses defined by you, not assigned by the router.

Pete

fsuipc/wide fs -

Hello Pete Dowson

Pls confirm , i have recently purchased Project Magenta for GAIFR home use , and was under the impression that widefs/fsuipc would come free with this software , however , i am having major problems with my network and do not think that the versions are full and current, do i need to purchase this software seperately ?

Thanks

Alan P