The simFlight Network Forums

After adding STICK_SENSITIVITY_MODE=0, viewing with mouse becomes limited

Hi, I recently bought FSUIPC and everything is wroking great, and I attempted to calibrate my Joystick. Following the manual, I added STICK_SENSITIVITY_MODE=0 and set my FSX sensitivity to full and null zone to minimum. Everything works correctly after calibrating, but whenever I am trying to change direction of viewpoint with my mouse (holding spacebar + moving mouse) it doesn't go the full 360 degree view point. It only goes a quarter way, which means I can never look at and behind my seat or even some of the switches in the leftmost panels of the aircraft. This all happens only when STICK_SENSITIVITY_MODE=0 is in my FSX.cfg... Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by jeremyhak2

Hi, I recently bought FSUIPC and everything is wroking great, and I attempted to calibrate my Joystick. Following the manual, I added STICK_SENSITIVITY_MODE=0 and set my FSX sensitivity to full and null zone to minimum. Everything works correctly after calibrating, but whenever I am trying to change direction of viewpoint with my mouse (holding spacebar + moving mouse) it doesn't go the full 360 degree view point. It only goes a quarter way, which means I can never look at and behind my seat or even some of the switches in the leftmost panels of the aircraft. This all happens only when STICK_SENSITIVITY_MODE=0 is in my FSX.cfg... Can anyone help?

Hmmm ... that's evidently a previously undiscovered effect! :???:

You don't HAVE to set STICK_SENSITIVITY_MODE=0. What that does is make the joysticks behave like normal linear analogue inputs, which I think is far more controllable and predictable. The default mode uses some sort of time-based feature where the changes sort of "catch up" with your stick position. Calibration still works, it's just a little bit messier and less predictable.

So I think the choice over what is more important to you has to be made. Try both and see. Of course you could assign in FSUIPC instead of in FS. Then the "stick sensitivity mode" is irrelevant. The problem then is that unless you disable controllers in FS it sometimes automatically re-assigns things even if you deliberately unassign them -- this happens for instance if the joystick is disconnected or powered off at any time when FS is loaded, as it then thinks it is new and does you a "favour". If you disable controllers in FS it disables the "mouse look" facility as well, which defeats the object.

I'd never noticed the effect on "mouse look" because I don't have a mouse (or keyboard) in the cockpit. I use either TrackIR to look around (VFR flying in a light aircraft) or simple views (the usual 45 degree views, not panned) for airliner flying. I use Ezca to set the views precisely.(http://www.flight1.c...oduct=ezdockcam )

Regards

Pete