The simFlight Network Forums

Clear all weather and other things...

Hi Pete, i'm a developer based on c#, and i try to do an application, for personal use, and i'm using your FSUIPC.dll.

I'm trying to make the sim meteorology dissapears, the same way that gets done by the button "Clear All Weather " into FSUIPC, via menu Modules in FS. I searched for an offset to do this in the same way as "Clear All Weather" button, but I did not find anything. I searched in pdf's that sdk brings, with FSInterrogate appliying filters,, on this website... but nothing :unsure::unsure:

It can be done with some offset listed?

On the other hand, i using offset nr: 0x3324 to get altituted, sometimes read a value that is far above or not has nothing to do with the aircraft altitude. I want read from 0x3324, because the offset 0x0570 when you put QNH on standar altimeter, it continues read altitude with local QNH, or gave me that feeling XDDDD. Is this true?

Finally, (sorry so many questions), i want read Stabillizer trim, but I didn't find any offset to do that.

Thanks for your help!!!

Bye.

PD: excuse me for my poor english....:grin::grin:

Hi Pete, i'm a developer based on c#, and i try to do an application, for personal use, and i'm using your FSUIPC.dll.

I'm trying to make the sim meteorology dissapears, the same way that gets done by the button "Clear All Weather " into FSUIPC, via menu Modules in FS. I searched for an offset to do this in the same way as "Clear All Weather" button, but I did not find anything. I searched in pdf's that sdk brings, with FSInterrogate appliying filters,, on this website... but nothing :unsure::unsure:

It can be done with some offset listed?

There are at least two interfaces defined in FSUIPC which include a Clear Weather facility: The "Advanced Weather Interface" (AWI), and the "New Weather Interface" (NWI). Each is dealt with in separate ZIPs within the SDK (UIPCAWI and New Weather Interface for FS2004). The NWI is better and is based on normal offset reads and writes. The older AWI uses offset type values but is a command and response system which is now rather superseded, though still supported for older existing programs.

On the other hand, i using offset nr: 0x3324 to get altituted, sometimes read a value that is far above or not has nothing to do with the aircraft altitude.

3324 is the altimeter reading, in feet or in metres according to user selection. It won't be the aircraft altitude unless the pressure is set to the current QNH on the main pilot's altimeter.

I want read from 0x3324, because the offset 0x0570 when you put QNH on standar altimeter, it continues read altitude with local QNH or gave me that feeling XDDDD. Is this true?

0570 is the actual aircraft altitude AMSL, as defined. It is not dependent on pressure setting unlike the altimeter. I don't know what you mean by "that feeling XDDDD".

If you want the pressure altitude (PA), that's available too, in offset 34B0.

Finally, (sorry so many questions), i want read Stabillizer trim, but I didn't find any offset to do that.

Stabilizer trim is elevator trim. There are three control surfaces, aileron, rudder and elevator, and trims for all three. It you look them up you'll find them.

Pete

There are at least two interfaces defined in FSUIPC which include a Clear Weather facility: The "Advanced Weather Interface" (AWI), and the "New Weather Interface" (NWI). Each is dealt with in separate ZIPs within the SDK (UIPCAWI and New Weather Interface for FS2004). The NWI is better and is based on normal offset reads and writes. The older AWI uses offset type values but is a command and response system which is now rather superseded, though still supported for older existing programs.

3324 is the altimeter reading, in feet or in metres according to user selection. It won't be the aircraft altitude unless the pressure is set to the current QNH on the main pilot's altimeter.

0570 is the actual aircraft altitude AMSL, as defined. It is not dependent on pressure setting unlike the altimeter. I don't know what you mean by "that feeling XDDDD".

If you want the pressure altitude (PA), that's available too, in offset 34B0.

Stabilizer trim is elevator trim. There are three control surfaces, aileron, rudder and elevator, and trims for all three. It you look them up you'll find them.

Pete

Thanks for your help, Pete!

The elevator trim show other information or i belive... because the value that i want get it's 4.4 UP or 3.5 DOWN, for example when you are on takeoff, you need put this value in the aircraft. This value gives it the FMC, but i want read value from Aircraft to verify that it's correct

Regards!

Edited by guitar_hero