The simFlight Network Forums

Safe offset areas

Hi Pete,

Perhaps a silly question, please ignore it, if it is truly one of that.

I've been trying to enhance my 737 logic in Pmsystems and I'm out of free offsets there, including the 'official' free offsets at 66C0-66FF.

Somewhere here you have mentioned if some add-on publishers request you, they are provided their own offsets.

Would it be possible to know where these areas are? Asking because in case I'd find an area of offsets given to an add-on which I do not use and will never use, I'd be able to use those for my own purpose.

thanks in advance

Achoriham

I've been trying to enhance my 737 logic in Pmsystems and I'm out of free offsets there, including the 'official' free offsets at 66C0-66FF.

If you are doing your own pmSystems logic then you can re-use any of the ones in the pmSystems-assigned range that you aren't using. There are huge numbers there which are specific to particular aircraft LGC files. Few are used in all of them. There are also many gaps in the used areas. Have you checked?

Somewhere here you have mentioned if some add-on publishers request you, they are provided their own offsets.

Yes, but that's only if you are intending to distribute your work, as then it is necessary to assign distinct areas to distinct products so there's no clashing. It isn't really worthwhile reserving areas for individual projects for use on one setup only, otherwise I'd run out very fast. If I ever have to go beyond the 16 bit addressing it would be a nightmare!

If you truly can't find enough in the existing pmSystems area (and I'd be surprised, because PM manages with several wildly different aircraft types supported), then, also assuming you'd never use SimAvionics (as you are using pmSystems) there's 5300-53FF, and similarly there's Flight Deck Software's 6E00-6EFF.

Regards

Pete

If you are doing your own pmSystems logic then you can re-use any of the ones in the pmSystems-assigned range that you aren't using. There are huge numbers there which are specific to particular aircraft LGC files. Few are used in all of them. There are also many gaps in the used areas. Have you checked?

Of course I tried that, but it seems Enrico is filling up the gaps pretty fast, so a 'safe' area would be much better for me than browsing through the changes at each update.

If you truly can't find enough in the existing pmSystems area (and I'd be surprised, because PM manages with several wildly different aircraft types supported), then, also assuming you'd never use SimAvionics (as you are using pmSystems) there's 5300-53FF, and similarly there's Flight Deck Software's 6E00-6EFF.

That's a wonderful idea!

Will just do that.

many thanks and regards

Achoriham