The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 'VRInsight-Mod' and Radar Contact Conflict

hum

This is my first post on this forum and I hope that somebody might be able to help me.

I stumbled over a problem, for which I could not find a solution neither here nor in the RC support forum. I am using FS 9.1 together with Radar Contact V4.3 and a registered version of FSUIPC 3.989w, and everything has been running fine for years. I recently got the VRInsight MCP Combo and I control it by the FSUIPC 'VRInsight-Mod' that allows me to program buttons via FSUIPC, which works perfectly. However, if I start RC I cannot see the RC Display Window anymore, although the program runs fine (its just the red window that is not visible anymore). I tracked down a number of possible reasons and found that adding the block

[VRInsight]

1=COM9, COM15

to the FSUIPC.INI is causing the problem. This block is required to connect FSUIPC to the virtual port provided by the Virtual Serial Ports Emulator (VSPE) from Eterlogic. When I remove this block, everything goes back to normal (but of course I loose the FSUIPC control of the MCP combo buttons). I also played around by changing the virtual port numbers, but without success.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Hans

However, if I start RC I cannot see the RC Display Window anymore, although the program runs fine (its just the red window that is not visible anymore). I tracked down a number of possible reasons and found that adding the block

[VRInsight]

1=COM9, COM15

to the FSUIPC.INI is causing the problem

Hmm. Strange. I don't know how they are connected -- they shouldn't be. But this entry is not the operative part. Don't you have at least one other [VRInsight ...] section in the INI file? If so please show it to me.

This "red window" is the one built into FSUIPC, isn't it? It isn't the one which is provided by the now defunct "AdvDifplay.dll" is it? (Check your FS Modules folder for that DLL).

Have you tried assigning a keypress to the HotKey option to toggle the window on and off? If not, please do so, and try toggling it on. It may just be initialising hidden. Or possibily, if the VRInsight section you didn't show is running a Lua plug-in, that may be hiding it.

Regards

Pete

Hmm. Strange. I don't know how they are connected -- they shouldn't be. But this entry is not the operative part. Don't you have at least one other [VRInsight ...] section in the INI file? If so please show it to me.

This "red window" is the one built into FSUIPC, isn't it? It isn't the one which is provided by the now defunct "AdvDifplay.dll" is it? (Check your FS Modules folder for that DLL).

Have you tried assigning a keypress to the HotKey option to toggle the window on and off? If not, please do so, and try toggling it on. It may just be initialising hidden. Or possibily, if the VRInsight section you didn't show is running a Lua plug-in, that may be hiding it.

Regards

Pete

Pete, thanks for the fast reply.

I searched the INI and I only find this [VRInsight ...] section. It causes the problem even if the MCP combo is shut off and the SerialFP2 and VSPE programs are not running. Also just changing

[VRInsight]

1=COM9, COM15

to e.g.

[VRInsight]

x1=COM9, COM15

is sufficient to get rid of the problem.

The' red window' is the one where I see how to interact with RC (0-main; 1-reply and connect; 2-get wx etc). I do not have the "AdvDisplay.dll" in my FS Modules folder.

I have assigned a keypress in the RC keyboard option (Display Window Ctrl Shift O), which allows me to bring back the window, after I click it away. However, this does not solve the problem if the VRInsight section is added to the INI. Or is there a possibility to toggle the window through FSUIPC?

Thanks

Hans

I searched the INI and I only find this [VRInsight ...] section. It causes the problem even if the MCP combo is shut off and the SerialFP2 and VSPE programs are not running.

Hmm. stanger and stranger.

The' red window' is the one where I see how to interact with RC (0-main; 1-reply and connect; 2-get wx etc)

Yes, i understood that. I just wanted to know who was displaying it -- FSUIPC or Advdisplay.

I do not have the "AdvDisplay.dll" in my FS Modules folder.

Good.

I have assigned a keypress in the RC keyboard option (Display Window Ctrl Shift O), which allows me to bring back the window, after I click it away. However, this does not solve the problem if the VRInsight section is added to the INI.

I don't know that option.

Or is there a possibility to toggle the window through FSUIPC?

That is what I referred to, the one in the FSUIPC HotKeys tab. Have you not used that at all? Please try it and let me know.

Pete

That is what I referred to, the one in the FSUIPC HotKeys tab. Have you not used that at all? Please try it and let me know.

That was it! The window was initialising hidden as you suspected. The RC key control did not bring it back, but the FSUIPC AdvDisplay Toggle Hotkey does the job.

Thanks again for your help and -- since this post gives me the opportunity to finally do so -- many thanks for your outstanding and wonderful FS module(s)!

Best regards

Hans

That was it! The window was initialising hidden as you suspected. The RC key control did not bring it back, but the FSUIPC AdvDisplay Toggle Hotkey does the job.

Right. So somehow, just adding the VRInsight port, the initial value of that "Show or Hide" option is "Hide" instead of "Show".

Hmm. That isn't right. I'm glad we found a work-around, but I'll be sure to fix that before the next update is put up.

Thanks for testing. I'll go see if the same thing happens in FSUIPC4 on FSX too.

[LATER]

Yes, same for FSUIPC3 and FSUIPC4. I've fixed it here and will upload the fixed versions in due course. Maybe next week. I've got some other stuff being tested too.

Regards

Pete