The simFlight Network Forums

How to unregister FSUIPC ?

Hi,

I would like to know how to unregister FSUIPC. I have a computer with fs2004 installed on it, with a registered version of FSUIPC. I have doubts concerning the validity of that registration, so I would like to unregister it, and get a clean and recent FSUIPC from Pete Downson's page, and register it to my own name. I have no fsuipc.key or fsuipc.ini file. Even when I delete the fsuipc.dll file and replace it by fsuipc.dll downloaded from Pete's page, it always show up registered to the old name when I start FS. I even uninstalled fs2004 totally, reinstalled it and after copying fsuipc.dll back into it, the old registering informations are still there !

Is there a place, in the registry or elsewhere, where the computer keeps the fsuipc registration informations, that I could go there and delete them, so I could start over new ?

Thanks, your help would be very appreciate, as I'm working on that problem for hours now and can't find any working solution :( Next step is I format computer totally, and I would like to avoid that until its very necessary...

Michel

I would like to know how to unregister FSUIPC. I have a computer with fs2004 installed on it, with a registered version of FSUIPC. I have doubts concerning the validity of that registration, so I would like to unregister it

Just remove the FSUIPC.KEY file from the FS Modules folder.

I have no fsuipc.key or fsuipc.ini file.

If there's no KEY file it isn't registered, and if there's no INI file then it has never been run. Are you going to tell me there's no LOG file either? Because one of those is also always produced when it is run.

Even when I delete the fsuipc.dll file and replace it by fsuipc.dll downloaded from Pete's page, it always show up registered to the old name when I start FS.

There is absolutely and definitely an FSUIPC.KEY file there then.

Maybe you are running Explorer with the folder option set to hide known extensions from you?

I even uninstalled fs2004 totally, reinstalled it and after copying fsuipc.dll back into it, the old registering informations are still there !

When you uninstall a program with its uninstaller it doesn't remove files you added, only its own. You would have had to delete all the folders too after the uninstalling.

Note that there is nothing stopping you re-registering. You don't need to unregister in order to register. Just enter new registrations when the FSUIPC installer offers you the option.

Regards

Pete