The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC installs but does not show in FSX.

Need help. Trying to load FSUIPC so as to be able to install FSX superbug. Downloaded and ran, when finished it states that it is installed in FSX. Looked at module folder and can tell that it has not even started upon running FSX. Have wideclient issues as well, but I'll tackle one at a time. Here is my install log:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.60a

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

... >>> OK! FOUND FSX! <<< ...

Looking in registry for ESP install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

AppPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original)

Found SimConnect build 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.600 found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Roaming"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Roaming"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Users\Brian\Application Data\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Brian\Contacts\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Brian\Cookies\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Brian\Desktop\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Brian\Documents\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Brian\Downloads\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Brian\Favorites\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Brian\Links\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Brian\Local Settings\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Brian\Music\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Brian\My Documents\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Brian\NetHood\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Brian\Pictures\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Brian\PrintHood\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Brian\Recent\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Brian\Saved Games\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Brian\Searches\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Brian\SendTo\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Brian\Start Menu\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Brian\Templates\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Brian\Tracing\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Brian\Videos\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder already exists.

Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" okay

Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay

FSUIPC4.DLL installed and signature checked out okay!

Deleted GlobalSign Root fix program ... no longer relevant

===========================================================

All installer tasks completed okay!

*************** End of Install Log ***************

any help is appreciated as my wife is getting sick of me sitting here trying to figure it out!

Need help. Trying to load FSUIPC so as to be able to install FSX superbug. Downloaded and ran, when finished it states that it is installed in FSX. Looked at module folder and can tell that it has not even started upon running FSX. Have wideclient issues as well, but I'll tackle one at a time.

WideClient can't connect if FSUIPC isn't running, so are they really separate issues? If you think so, why is that?

When you say "looked at module folder and can tell that it has not even started upon running FSX" can you please say how you can tell? I don't mind folks doing their own diagnostics, but it would help me to know how you arrive at conclusions, please.

If FSUIPC is not being loaded at all then it can really only be a badly formed DLL.XML. Seems there's a lot of folks installing this "superbug" who are experiencing this so I woner if it is to do with its installer. Perhaps you can find and show me the DLL.XML file (paste it into a message here, but please do enclose it in the code parentheses -- use the <> button above).

You'll find the DLL.XML file in this folder:

C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

You could also try renaming that file, then downloading and running the Installer for FSUIPC 4.638, which tries to do a better job on the DLL.XML. You'll find that later version in the Download Links subforum here, and also a later FSUIPC DLL (4.664).

Regards

Pete

WideClient can't connect if FSUIPC isn't running, so are they really separate issues? If you think so, why is that?

When you say "looked at module folder and can tell that it has not even started upon running FSX" can you please say how you can tell? I don't mind folks doing their own diagnostics, but it would help me to know how you arrive at conclusions, please.

If FSUIPC is not being loaded at all then it can really only be a badly formed DLL.XML. Seems there's a lot of folks installing this "superbug" who are experiencing this so I woner if it is to do with its installer. Perhaps you can find and show me the DLL.XML file (paste it into a message here, but please do enclose it in the code parentheses -- use the <> button above).

You'll find the DLL.XML file in this folder:

C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

You could also try renaming that file, then downloading and running the Installer for FSUIPC 4.638, which tries to do a better job on the DLL.XML. You'll find that later version in the Download Links subforum here, and also a later FSUIPC DLL (4.664).

Regards

Pete

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the quick reply and patience with my lack of tech. I've been reading the forum posts for the last few days.

1. When I look in the module folder I do not have a FSUIPC4 ini. or a FSUIPC log. As I understand it this means that it has not run.

2. Here is the dll.xml file. Not sure what you meant by enclosing it in the code parentheses:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Thanks again for your help and patience, If I do not repy for a few days its because I am flying in real life.

1. When I look in the module folder I do not have a FSUIPC4 ini. or a FSUIPC log. As I understand it this means that it has not run.

Yes, correct, assuming you are looking at the correct files -- Windows defaults to hiding extensions for "known filetypes" like INI and LOG. It calls them things like "configuration settings" and "text files".

2. Here is the dll.xml file. Not sure what you meant by enclosing it in the code parentheses:

I pointed you to the button to press to do this, the one which looks like <>, just one from the end of the row of buttons just aboveyour Forum message edit area, just to the right of the Quote button, which you seem to have found okay. The advantage of the code quotes is that is preserves the layout.

Anyway, as far as I can tell the file looks okay, so FSUIPC4 should most certainly have run. Could you please double-check the files present in the FSX Modules folder, please. Something isn't making sense. There should be FSUIPC4.DLL, FSUIPC4.LOG, FSUIPC4 Install.LOG, FSUIPC4.INI and maybe FSUIPC4.KEY, as well as the subfolder "FSUIPC Documents" Turn off the Windows Explorer folder option for hiding file extensions so you can see the whole filename.

Regards

Pete

Yes, correct, assuming you are looking at the correct files -- Windows defaults to hiding extensions for "known filetypes" like INI and LOG. It calls them things like "configuration settings" and "text files".

I pointed you to the button to press to do this, the one which looks like <>, just one from the end of the row of buttons just aboveyour Forum message edit area, just to the right of the Quote button, which you seem to have found okay. The advantage of the code quotes is that is preserves the layout.

Anyway, as far as I can tell the file looks okay, so FSUIPC4 should most certainly have run. Could you please double-check the files present in the FSX Modules folder, please. Something isn't making sense. There should be FSUIPC4.DLL, FSUIPC4.LOG, FSUIPC4 Install.LOG, FSUIPC4.INI and maybe FSUIPC4.KEY, as well as the subfolder "FSUIPC Documents" Turn off the Windows Explorer folder option for hiding file extensions so you can see the whole filename.

Regards

Pete

Dear Sir,

The module folder contains the FSUIPC4.DLL, FSUIPC4 Install.LOG and the FSUIPC documents. The rest are not present. I disabled explorer hide file extensions as suggested and performed a search for the missing files, nothing.

Here is the dll.xml again with the code button, thanks for the lesson, as forums are new to me.

&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?&gt;

&lt;SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"&gt;
  &lt;Descr&gt;Launch&lt;/Descr&gt;
  &lt;Filename&gt;dll.xml&lt;/Filename&gt;
  &lt;Disabled&gt;False&lt;/Disabled&gt;
  &lt;Launch.ManualLoad&gt;False&lt;/Launch.ManualLoad&gt;
  &lt;Launch.Addon&gt;
    &lt;Name&gt;Object Placement Tool&lt;/Name&gt;
    &lt;Disabled&gt;True&lt;/Disabled&gt;
    &lt;ManualLoad&gt;False&lt;/ManualLoad&gt;
    &lt;Path&gt;..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll&lt;/Path&gt;
  &lt;/Launch.Addon&gt;
  &lt;Launch.Addon&gt;
    &lt;Name&gt;Traffic Toolbox&lt;/Name&gt;
    &lt;Path&gt;..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll&lt;/Path&gt;
  &lt;/Launch.Addon&gt;
  &lt;Launch.Addon&gt;
    &lt;Name&gt;Visual Effects Tool&lt;/Name&gt;
    &lt;Path&gt;..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll&lt;/Path&gt;
  &lt;/Launch.Addon&gt;
  &lt;Launch.Addon&gt;
        &lt;Name&gt;FSUIPC 4&lt;/Name&gt;
        &lt;Disabled&gt;False&lt;/Disabled&gt;
        &lt;Path&gt;Modules\FSUIPC4.dll&lt;/Path&gt;
    &lt;/Launch.Addon&gt;
&lt;/SimBase.Document&gt;

Thanks again for the help.

The module folder contains the FSUIPC4.DLL, FSUIPC4 Install.LOG and the FSUIPC documents. The rest are not present. I disabled explorer hide file extensions as suggested and performed a search for the missing files, nothing.

Okay. That certainly confirms that FSUIPC4 has never run in that installation of FSX.

The DLL.XML file is perfect.

So that leaves only four possibilities:

1. The FSX Modules folder you are looking at is not the one relating to the FSX session you are trying to run. I know this seems ridiculously unlikely, but it has happened where folks have reinstalled FSX in a different place.

2. You are running FSX under a different User login to that for which FSUIPC is installed (i.e. user "Brian").

(The revised installer for 4.638, which i did ask you to try, would have dealt with such a possibility. Remember? I said "You could also try renaming that file, then downloading and running the Installer for FSUIPC 4.638, which tries to do a better job on the DLL.XML. You'll find that later version in the Download Links subforum here, and also a later FSUIPC DLL (4.664).").

3. You have, maybe unknowingly, refused permission for FSUIPC4 to be loaded at some point, in which case it may now be listed as a "banned" program in Windows. For this you need to run Internet Explorer, go to Tools-Internet Options and find the content-Publishers lists. If "simFlight" or "Peter L. Dowson" are listed as "untrusted" you'll need to remove them from that list.

4. Something else is stopping SimConnect: loading it. In this case I need a SimConnect log. To get one of these please see the Thread about it in the FAQ subforum.

Regards

Pete

Okay. That certainly confirms that FSUIPC4 has never run in that installation of FSX.

The DLL.XML file is perfect.

So that leaves only four possibilities:

1. The FSX Modules folder you are looking at is not the one relating to the FSX session you are trying to run. I know this seems ridiculously unlikely, but it has happened where folks have reinstalled FSX in a different place.

2. You are running FSX under a different User login to that for which FSUIPC is installed (i.e. user "Brian").

(The revised installer for 4.638, which i did ask you to try, would have dealt with such a possibility. Remember? I said "You could also try renaming that file, then downloading and running the Installer for FSUIPC 4.638, which tries to do a better job on the DLL.XML. You'll find that later version in the Download Links subforum here, and also a later FSUIPC DLL (4.664).").

3. You have, maybe unknowingly, refused permission for FSUIPC4 to be loaded at some point, in which case it may now be listed as a "banned" program in Windows. For this you need to run Internet Explorer, go to Tools-Internet Options and find the content-Publishers lists. If "simFlight" or "Peter L. Dowson" are listed as "untrusted" you'll need to remove them from that list.

4. Something else is stopping SimConnect: loading it. In this case I need a SimConnect log. To get one of these please see the Thread about it in the FAQ subforum.

Regards

Pete

Mr. Dawson,

You were correct in regards to item 1, reinstallations of FSX. I have installed and re-installed FSX several times in the past. I did have some problems loading FSX before due to re-installation. For some reason FSX is sensative to this. Solution: I got FSUIPC to load by uninstalling FSX and creating a new user account on my computer, then re-installing FSX and other flight sim related software under the new user account. When I loaded FSUIPC It worked without any problems. I don't know if this is the only solution , but for me it was the cleanest. I'm sure this issue will crop up with other FSX users who are installing FSX superbug, especially with the upcoming release of TACPAC. Thanks for all your help.

Cheers,

Brian.

Edited by br110br

You were correct in regards to item 1, reinstallations of FSX. I have installed and re-installed FSX several times in the past. I did have some problems loading FSX before due to re-installation. For some reason FSX is sensative to this.

Re-installing FSX seems to be about the best way to guarantee future problems. It is all to do with the Registry and the use of the Side-by-Side library installation of SimConnect. I think they made a bad job of the uninstaller, which only does half of the job, leaving the Side-by-Side part in a mess such that on re-installation things get knotted up and no longer work correctly.

The best solution it seems, when faced with FSX re-installation is either DON'T, or to reinstall Windows first.

Anyway, I'm glad you found another way. Certainly installing under a different log-on user name hadn't occurred to me before.

Regards

Pete