The simFlight Network Forums

I Just Uninstalled FSUIPC And...

Hi

Immediately after uninstalling the unregistered version of FSUIPC 95% of my wind problems I've been having lately disappared. Now I only have small annoying gusts every now and then which is normal for FSX. Before the uninstall I got extreme wind fluctuations up to a range of 80kts that would throw my PMDG 747 around like a ragdoll. At cruise level it would violently drop to almost stall speed or go into overspeed several times every 10 min. It's also important to note that I did not have any problems like this before I installed FSUIPC. What in the world is going on here, why is FSUIPC causing this? I can't fly the VRS F/A-18 without it, so what do I do? I was thinking about buying FSUIPC, but seeing how it interacts with the weather in such a negative way has got me worried. Would greatly appreciate some help.

I'm using FSX SP2

Unregistered FSUIPC4 4.60

Default FSX weather engine running

REX2 installed with weather theme

No ASE installed

Immediately after uninstalling the unregistered version of FSUIPC 95% of my wind problems I've been having lately disappared. Now I only have small annoying gusts every now and then which is normal for FSX. Before the uninstall I got extreme wind fluctuations up to a range of 80kts that would throw my PMDG 747 around like a ragdoll. At cruise level it would violently drop to almost stall speed or go into overspeed several times every 10 min. It's also important to note that I did not have any problems like this before I installed FSUIPC. What in the world is going on here, why is FSUIPC causing this? I can't fly the VRS F/A-18 without it, so what do I do? I was thinking about buying FSUIPC, but seeing how it interacts with the weather in such a negative way has got me worried. Would greatly appreciate some help.

If FSUIPC is not user registered, it is actually doing nothing of its own accord. none of the options are enabled. It then merely acts as an interface for other programs, modules and some gauges. By removing it you merely stopped whatever it was doing it from using the FSUIPC interface to make such changes.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete, thanks for replying. But how do you explain what happens when I install and uninstall it? The problems begins after an install and disappears when I uninstall. What could be causing this?

EDIT: I talked to someone on the PMDG forum and this is what he had to say:

If You are using ASE DWC then unregistered FSUIPC interferes with data being sent via Sim Connect resulting in very strange winds behavior leading to s-turns, air speed drops etc (I hope this makes any sense in English... wink.gif ). If you are not using ASE or any other weather addon, then this might be just a coincidencewink.gif

Here are my videos showing how unregistered FSUIPC interacts with ASE DWC and PMDG aircrafts: nr1, nr2. Of course this applies to all aircrafts, because its disturbing whole weather. Removing FSUIPC removes those problems permanently.

I'm having exactly the same kind of problems he's having in his videos, but as I said I don't have ASE installed. It's obvious it happens even if you don't have it. But PMDG uses Sim Connect as well, so maybe that could be it?

Edited by Captem1

Hi Pete, thanks for replying. But how do you explain what happens when I install and uninstall it? The problems begins after an install and disappears when I uninstall. What could be causing this?

When it isn't installed it does not provide any interface to anything which may be wanting to use it! When it is installed it does provide the interface. As I explained already.

I'm having exactly the same kind of problems he's having in his videos, but as I said I don't have ASE installed. It's obvious it happens even if you don't have it. But PMDG uses Sim Connect as well, so maybe that could be it?

Possibly. I do not use PMDG aircraft but from what folks have said I know they are extremely sensitive compared to others, and there could be timing issues I suppose. Maybe, on a less powerful or more overloaded system, the additional loading on SimConnect of having FSUIPC running too makes the aircraft's timed computations for A/P feedback control go awry.

However, there are a huge number of users with both PMDG aircraft installed and also running FSUIPC. In fact many of them use the macro facilities in FSUIPC to gain hardware button and switch control over much of the PMDG cockpit. So all in all I really don't think it can simply be due to FSUIPC's normal quiescent interface actions when unregistered -- it is doing far less then.

You do know you can use the Logging facilities in FSUIPC even if it is unregistered? Try checking the Weather logging. You'll see it reads the weather regularly, so that it can supply such data to anything which asks. But unless you have something writing weather through its interface, you won't see any attempts on its part to change anything.

Regards

Pete

When it isn't installed it does not provide any interface to anything which may be wanting to use it! When it is installed it does provide the interface. As I explained already.

Possibly. I do not use PMDG aircraft but from what folks have said I know they are extremely sensitive compared to others, and there could be timing issues I suppose. Maybe, on a less powerful or more overloaded system, the additional loading on SimConnect of having FSUIPC running too makes the aircraft's timed computations for A/P feedback control go awry.

However, there are a huge number of users with both PMDG aircraft installed and also running FSUIPC. In fact many of them use the macro facilities in FSUIPC to gain hardware button and switch control over much of the PMDG cockpit. So all in all I really don't think it can simply be due to FSUIPC's normal quiescent interface actions when unregistered -- it is doing far less then.

You do know you can use the Logging facilities in FSUIPC even if it is unregistered? Try checking the Weather logging. You'll see it reads the weather regularly, so that it can supply such data to anything which asks. But unless you have something writing weather through its interface, you won't see any attempts on its part to change anything.

Regards

Pete

Thank you, I'll try that. This is such a strange issue. Maybe buying it and using the wind smoothing option will fix the issue.