The simFlight Network Forums

FSuipc calibration problem

Hallo,

I have a qeustion about installation of FSUIPC in FS9 with Windows 7.

After having problems with the calibration of my joystick in FSUIPC i found in your help documentation the info about "run as the administrator".

After having problems with the Fokker 70/100 addon I removed FS9 from my system because this a new installation in a new compter system with windows7 and not many new things installed yet.

Now according your "important note for windows7 i installed everything again but now in the D:\flightsimulator9.(for me)

I just put the CD,s in and after changing the folder name i installated it.

So NO windows explorer right click and "run as administrator"

My question is: to reinstall the FSUIPC in FS9 can i hit the.exe file and install it or do have to install it as a "administrator"

rgds Willem

... according your "important note for windows7 i installed everything again but now in the D:\flightsimulator9.(for me)

That's certainly a good idea. You would eventually get into lots of problems with add-ons if you let it instal into its default "Program Files" place.

I just put the CD,s in and after changing the folder name i installated it.

So NO windows explorer right click and "run as administrator"

Yes, exactly right.

My question is: to reinstall the FSUIPC in FS9 can i hit the.exe file and install it or do have to install it as a "administrator"

Installers (at least those with "install" or "setup" in their names) never have to be run "as administrator" in any case, and certainly FSUIPC's installer has never needed this. All programs recognised as installers by Windows automatically get enough administrator privileges to do their job.

Regards

Pete

Hallo Mr Pete,

Ok i am happy window7 is new for me.

But after reinstallation in this seqence i still have a calibration problem!

When i disable the joystick in FS9 and go de FSCUIPC folder hit the calibration buttom there is NO reaction from inputs my joystick.

If i go axis assignment buttom and hit rescan then i can see the inputs from my joystick.

But the menue " axis control assignment "stays gray instead of black and i can not select anything there.

FS 9 in window XP a can select and normal calibrate?

hope you can help.

rgds Willem.

When i disable the joystick in FS9 and go de FSCUIPC folder hit the calibration buttom there is NO reaction from inputs my joystick.

The calibration facilities only operate on assigned axes. You have to assign the axis to use calibrations -- FSUIPC has no idea what axis you want to use for which control. Just assign in FS (or in FSUIPC if you wish), but don't try calibrations for axes which aren't even assigned!

If i go axis assignment buttom and hit rescan then i can see the inputs from my joystick.

But the menue " axis control assignment "stays gray instead of black and i can not select anything there.

There's no menu "axis control assignments". Look on the left hand side of the Axis Assignment tab. Once you move your axis and it is seen, you need to select one of the three types of assignment methods. Then one of the 4 assignment slots, then you can get the drop down. facilities to select an action for that axis.

FS 9 in window XP a can select and normal calibrate?

Sorry, I don't understand that question. As far as FSUIPC is concerned there is absolutely no difference between XP and Win7. None at all.

If you don't understand the documentation on how to assign axes in FSUIPC, why are you using it? Is there something you need to do which you cannot do with FS assignments?

Please always state FSUIPC version numbers, by the way. If you are not using at least version 3.98 please update first.

Regards

Pete