The simFlight Network Forums

MD11 with Saitek Multi Panel

Hi Guys -

First off, i am no programmer, and dont have any experience with LUA whatsoever. I have read the manual, but its something my poor brain cannot handle! :oops:

By default, the Saitek Multi Panel cannot adjust the heading in the MD11. After some research on this forum, i have installed SPAD, which as i understand it, can send button presses and dial turns via FSUIPC (?). I have also found MD11 Macros in the User Contribution section here in this forum.

The macro i am looking at now, shows this:

55=MCP HDG incr=RX6310*X8b00,14

56=MCP HDG decr=RX6310*X8b00,13

So my question is, how can i assign these to make it work? Preferably in a step-by-step guide that even the like of me can understand.

This stuff is seriously confusing me!

Thank you for your valued help.

EDIT-

Looking on here, i can see how to add LUA Parameters (?) to buttons. (Sometimes even with SPAD installed and configured to send a button command, FSUIPC doest recognise it, but thats a different story i guess). But i still dont know how to program the dials on the Multi panel. Does this have anything to do with an offset?

Im really sorry for so many questions, but im having a hard time with this, and im trying to provide as much info as i can. :)

The macro i am looking at now, shows this:

55=MCP HDG incr=RX6310*X8b00,14

56=MCP HDG decr=RX6310*X8b00,13

So my question is, how can i assign these to make it work? Preferably in a step-by-step guide that even the like of me can understand.

Put the macro file, named, say "MD11.mcro" into the FS Modules folder. Then run FS. In FSUIPC Options, use the Buttons & Switches tab to assign your buttons to "MD11:mcp hdg incr" and "MD11:mcp hdg decr".

Not sure why you mention Lua at all.

Regards

Pete