The simFlight Network Forums

installing widefs doubts

hi Pete

i´m trying to use wide fs to conect Lus gordo instructor station from a remote computer.

1-i have fsuipc and wide FS in the compute that i have the FSX

2- I had installed the wide fs client in the remote computer

3-Actually i have both computers in network because i use the instructor station of prosim from this remote computer. to do that i enter in the explorer and i set http://192.168.1.15:8080/ and it conects with prosim

4- to conect wide fs, just have to run the client and it will conect alone without doing more things? is not necesary to enter a ip or something like that?

in the manual i saw that you must enter a server name but i don´t know where

5- I think that becasue i have actually both computers conected in net with wire and configurated to conect one to the other , i just have to copy the cleit files in the remote computer

is this right?

i use win7 in the fs computerand windows vista in the remote one

Miguel

4- to conect wide fs, just have to run the client and it will conect alone without doing more things? is not necesary to enter a ip or something like that?

If both PCs are in the same Workgroup it should connect automatically. the Workgroup name is seen and set in the same place as your computer name -- right click My Commputer and select Properties.

in the manual i saw that you must enter a server name but i don´t know where

No, it does not say you must. But you can if you wish, and the format of it and the place to put it is also described. If you enter the ServerName parameter you must also enter the Protocol parameter.

5- I think that becasue i have actually both computers conected in net with wire and configurated to conect one to the other , i just have to copy the cleit files in the remote computer

You install and run WideClient in the client computer.

Regards

Pete