The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with fsupic v. 6.4667

I'm registered user of fsuipc.

I installed the 4.667 dll file into the FSX modules folder (overwriting 4.661).

Now, when I load FSX, I get an error message, "Flight Simulator Detected Problem with 3rd Party Program" and then identifies fsuipc as the program causing the error.

FSX subsequently fails to load completely.

Anyone know what's causing this errror message?

Is 4.661 still available and, if so, where is it located?

Thanks.

Bob

Problem resolved.

After posting above, I reloaded FSX and got the same error message as mentioned above. However, after clicking the option to continue, FSX loaded and ran normally.

I then exited out of FSX, reloaded the sim, and this time, there was no error message.

I have no idea why I was getting the error message but everything now seems to be fine.

I installed the 4.667 dll file into the FSX modules folder (overwriting 4.661).

Now, when I load FSX, I get an error message, "Flight Simulator Detected Problem with 3rd Party Program" and then identifies fsuipc as the program causing the error.

There's no difference between 4.661 and 4.667 until it is running and has actually been used for one of the few additions and changes made -- just the last few items on the changes list. I suspect it's one of the SimConnect loading glitches which should disappear after a couple of retries. It's a well-known bug in SimConnect before the SP1 FSX update, but it was never properly fixed. Check the Log file in the Modules folder: is it for 4.661 or 4.667? If still 4.661 then FSUIPC 4.667 has never actually been run and it is certainly that loading glitch.

If there is actually a 4.667 log, please show it to me.

Is 4.661 still available and, if so, where is it located?

No. there's 4.60a, the earliest supported version, and 4.638. But 4.667 will become 4.70 in a couple of weeks and then it will be the only supported version.

Regards

Pete

There's no difference between 4.661 and 4.667 until it is running and has actually been used for one of the few additions and changes made -- just the last few items on the changes list. I suspect it's one of the SimConnect loading glitches which should disappear after a couple of retries. It's a well-known bug in SimConnect before the SP1 FSX update, but it was never properly fixed. Check the Log file in the Modules folder: is it for 4.661 or 4.667? If still 4.661 then FSUIPC 4.667 has never actually been run and it is certainly that loading glitch.

If there is actually a 4.667 log, please show it to me.

No. there's 4.60a, the earliest supported version, and 4.638. But 4.667 will become 4.70 in a couple of weeks and then it will be the only supported version.

Regards

Pete

OK, thanks for the response, Pete.

Problem fixed.

See above post.