The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek Proflight yoke and throttles quit working.

I have Saitek proflight yoke, throttle quadrant and rudder pedals on a win 7 64-bit system with FSX. My Yoke, quadrant and pedals quit working after I installed FSUIPC. I can get the rudder pedals to work somewhat but the virtual yoke goes nuts when I use the toe brakes.

Any ideas on how to correct this? The set up was working fine before.

I have Saitek proflight yoke, throttle quadrant and rudder pedals on a win 7 64-bit system with FSX. My Yoke, quadrant and pedals quit working after I installed FSUIPC. I can get the rudder pedals to work somewhat but the virtual yoke goes nuts when I use the toe brakes.

Any ideas on how to correct this? The set up was working fine before.

Merely installing FSUIPC will do nothing. An unregistered install of FSUIPC does nothing apart from supplying an interface into FS for application programs. A registered install of FSUIPC doe nothing to or for joystick device connections unless you ask it to.

Whenever coming here for support please always state the precise version number of FSUIPC you are using. If this is older than the earliest supported version (currently 4.60 for FSX) please update first.

Regards

Pete

Merely installing FSUIPC will do nothing. An unregistered install of FSUIPC does nothing apart from supplying an interface into FS for application programs. A registered install of FSUIPC doe nothing to or for joystick device connections unless you ask it to.

Whenever coming here for support please always state the precise version number of FSUIPC you are using. If this is older than the earliest supported version (currently 4.60 for FSX) please update first.

Regards

Pete

The Version is 4.60. or the latest one direct from the website.

The Version is 4.60. or the latest one direct from the website.

Okay, but you've not registered it and used it to assign or calibrate your controls? If you haven't, then it isn't involved. If you have then it sounds liker you've made a mistake, or maybe assigned the controls then moved / reconnected the USBs, which will change the IDs. If you have multiple connections it is best to use the joystick lettering facilities in FSUIPC -- there's a chapter about it in the user guide. Then FSUIPC can track them when they move connections.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the reply Pete and sorry for not getting back to you, I have been working alot of hours this week. I did read the user docs and will play with the settings and file here some time and get back with you on what I come up with. I did register it, I liked what I read of all the things that it could do and fix in FSX. Just did not expect the way the software reacted.

Thanks again and I will post my findings shortly in a day or two.