The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG 737 problems

I have been experiencing some problems with FS9 recently where, when I installed CS757 my PMDG 737 quit working. some of the overhead panel switches became inactive and all the displays on the main panel were black. after reinstalling the aircraft a couple of times I deleted the FSUIPC and reinstalled it. There is another issue where my sound will chatter. I have tried different things and it only does it when I have FS running.

These are the programs that I have running at one time:

FS9

ASE

PMDG737NG

thanks

John Morris

I have been experiencing some problems with FS9 recently where, when I installed CS757 my PMDG 737 quit working. some of the overhead panel switches became inactive and all the displays on the main panel were black. after reinstalling the aircraft a couple of times I deleted the FSUIPC and reinstalled it. There is another issue where my sound will chatter. I have tried different things and it only does it when I have FS running.

What does FSUIPC have to do with any of this, and what do you think uninstalling it and re-installing it does? It's only a DLL and if that gets corrupted it won't run in any case.

It sounds like installing CS757 corrupted your PMDG 737 installation and maybe other things. None of that is at all related to anything FSUIPC does. But check and be sure you are running a recent version of FSUIPC. nothing earlier than 3.98 should be used. Sometimes aircraft or application installers overwrite later ones with earlier ones, so always use the FSUIPC Installer.

Regards

Pete