The simFlight Network Forums

G940 & FSUIPC

Hi Folks,

I recently got the Logitech G940, (great system), and have been programing it directly through the FSX control panel. There are a lot of drawbacks doing that but the main one is that I can't use the "Mode" switch option which allows me to triple the number of switches, (I'm going to assume all are familiar with that). So, I am preparing myself for trying out the FSUIPC system and I was hoping that there may be someone out there that has a profile or 2 they wouldn't mind sharing here with me.

I believe that this would make it faster, if not easier to get back up and flying. I haven't read any of the FSUIPC manuals in over 3 or 4 months and will be starting that ASAP but I think my learning curve would be faster if I edited a profile already loaded than if I had to start from scratch.

I remembered that there was a "FSUIPC for Dummies" tutorial which I had, (but deleted months ago), and am about to search for and download again. Still in the meantime, anyone who may have anything that can help me program the G940 faster and/or easier I would sure like to hear from.

Thanks

I remembered that there was a "FSUIPC for Dummies" tutorial which I had, (but deleted months ago), and am about to search for and download again. Still in the meantime, anyone who may have anything that can help me program the G940 faster and/or easier I would sure like to hear from.

I don't know about the G940 at all, but you might find useful tidbits in the assorted SubForums in this Forum, particularly the 'User contributions" one.

If you have any specific questions on how to program conditional button actions which aren't answered in the FSUIPC documentation (and those examples would be in the Advanced User's manual), by all means ask. But I can't offer to write a complete tutorial for you. See what you can find first.. I'm not sure what the "FSUIPC for Dummies" document you refer to was, but there is SimSamurai's document available in the FAQ subforum.

Regards

Pete

Thank You Pete!, (That was quick!),

Actually you gave me plenty to work with and a good direction to start looking. 4 or 5 months ago I could have sworn I downloaded a PDF manual titled FSUIPC for Dummies but I ran somme google searchses and didn't find it. There were a few posts with that title but no manual. I may have the exact title wrong and I think it was written by someone who just decided to 'put it out there' for anyone who wanted it.

Anyway, if you do know of the manual I'm speaking about and where to find it please drop that link or title here. It is also possable that I'm mixing the manual up with some other subject, (sometimes my memory dissapoints me).

I downloaded the FSUIPC program but I'm not going to install it until tomorrow, (out of time tonight). So between those suggestions and the manual I can get myself a good start and then may have additional questions afterwards.

Thanks Again.