The simFlight Network Forums

Product Key

Hi. I purchased FUIPCS, and I have the Product code, but when I open Fsp and go to the FSUIPCS registration box, it says that the Key I have is incorrect, but it was the key I was sent. Do you know how I recover the Key?

I assume by "FSUIPCS" you mean "FSUIPC"?

What is this "Fsp" you open? The Registration of FSUIPC is handled by the Installer. When you run the FSUIPC Installer it ends with a screen allowing you to register. You enter your details there., nowhere else. And all three parts -- name, email and 12-digit key MUST be exactly correct. Use cut-and-paste if you aren't sure.

Also check that you purchased the right key. FSUIPC3 (for FS2004 and before) uses different keys to FSUIPC4 (for FSX and later).

The earliest supported version of FSUIPC for FS2004 and before is 3.98, and for FSX and ESP is 4.60. Prepar3D needs 4.663 at least, available in the Download Links subforum.

Regards

Pete

I assume by "FSUIPCS" you mean "FSUIPC"?

What is this "Fsp" you open? The Registration of FSUIPC is handled by the Installer. When you run the FSUIPC Installer it ends with a screen allowing you to register. You enter your details there., nowhere else. And all three parts -- name, email and 12-digit key MUST be exactly correct. Use cut-and-paste if you aren't sure.

Also check that you purchased the right key. FSUIPC3 (for FS2004 and before) uses different keys to FSUIPC4 (for FSX and later).

The earliest supported version of FSUIPC for FS2004 and before is 3.98, and for FSX and ESP is 4.60. Prepar3D needs 4.663 at least, available in the Download Links subforum.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for getting back to me Pete. I have purchased the right key for FS2004, but the key number doesn't work. I don't know who to contact to get the number sorted out. Are you able to help.

Thanks

John

I am using the installetr, but when I key in the 12 characters, it will not register. It says - 'sorry this is not a valid 12-character key, but it is. I have had to re-install FS20004 and that 12 character key worked before, but it doesn't work now.

Do you knowq why?

Thanks

John

I am using the installetr, but when I key in the 12 characters, it will not register. It says - 'sorry this is not a valid 12-character key, but it is. I have had to re-install FS20004 and that 12 character key worked before, but it doesn't work now.

Do you knowq why?

Exactly as I said. Maybe you didn't follow all the points I stated? I'll repeat them::

First, all three parts -- name, email and 12-digit key MUST be exactly correct. Use cut-and-paste if you aren't sure.

Second, check that you purchased the right key. FSUIPC3 (for FS2004 and before) uses different keys to FSUIPC4 (for FSX and later).

Third, the earliest supported version of FSUIPC for FS2004 and before is 3.98, and for FSX and ESP is 4.60. Prepar3D needs 4.663 at least, available in the Download Links subforum. As you are using FS2004 you MUST install 3.98 or later.

If the key worked before it is because you entered the name and email address correctly before too. All three parts make up the registration, not just the 12 character key.

There's no way I can check here for you because you are not using your real name. However, at a guess you might be from Hadleigh in Essex? Purchased the FSUIPC3 key on 17th February? If so I can see it is valid and will work fine provided you follow the above guidelines.

Regards

Pete

• 10 years later...