The simFlight Network Forums

CH Throttle Quadrant and Yoke Conflict

I am new to this and am trying to configure my throttle and yoke via FSUIPC. I would like to use the yoke controls for the C152/C172 and use the throttles for other twin engine aircraft. Unfortunately, there seeems to be a conflict. The throtle and the mixture, 1 and 5, need to be in the forward position for the yoke throttle and mixture to work properly. I can give more details if needed. thak you for your help.

I am new to this and am trying to configure my throttle and yoke via FSUIPC. I would like to use the yoke controls for the C152/C172 and use the throttles for other twin engine aircraft. Unfortunately, there seeems to be a conflict. The throtle and the mixture, 1 and 5, need to be in the forward position for the yoke throttle and mixture to work properly.

You can't have different axes assigned to the same controls unless the ones out of use are completely quiescent, which means parking them in a dead zone -- one you have to calibrate at either extreme of the throttle movement. Far better to make assignments to specific aircraft, or better, switch to Profiles and make two profiles, one for each way of assigning things. Then calibrate in the profiles too, making each calibration suit the specific control and aircraft type.

Regards

Pete

You can't have different axes assigned to the same controls unless the ones out of use are completely quiescent, which means parking them in a dead zone -- one you have to calibrate at either extreme of the throttle movement. Far better to make assignments to specific aircraft, or better, switch to Profiles and make two profiles, one for each way of assigning things. Then calibrate in the profiles too, making each calibration suit the specific control and aircraft type.

Regards

Pete

I think I understand. When you say profiles do you mean a single engine profile and a multiengine profile? I think I saw the directions on how to do that.

I think I understand. When you say profiles do you mean a single engine profile and a multiengine profile?

You can have profiles for whatever selection of differences you wish. They are simply a way of keeping multiple assignments separate for different aircraft. Could be helicopters, jets, turbo, props, gliders, whatever -- whatever needs different assignments or different calibrations, of axes, buttons, or keypresses. Even individual aircraft -- for example Wilco Airbuses need a different way of throttle assignment and calibration to other jets, even other Airbuses.

Regards

Pete