The simFlight Network Forums

Error when installing FSUIPC

Hi,

This weekend I had to reinstall Vista, my Flight Simulator Folder was saved and everything works fine, except for FSUIPC.

I first saw it when I wanted to start FSUIPC: It was not registered. When I tried to enter my key, the FS froze. This happened every time I tried to open FSUIPC.

So I deleted all FSUIPC files, downloaded the latest version(3.98).

But there are two strange things that happen during the installation:

1. I have to find the FS9.exe manually.

2. After I've chosen the correct .exe and it installs some files, I get this error:

"Problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC.DLL. Please check that I am not listed as an "untrusted publisher" in Internet Explorer."

The first thing is, that I'm using Mozilla Firefox and even if I download it with Internet Explorer, I get the same error and there is nothing in the list of untrusted publishers, that could cause this.

Here's the content of the installer, after the error occures:

Installer for FSUIPC.DLL version 3.98a

Looking in registry for FS9.1 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.1

Parameter"EXE Path"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.1

Parameter"EXE Path"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for FS9 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for FS8 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\8.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\8.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for FS7 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\7.0

Parameter"path"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\7.0

Parameter"path"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for FS6.1 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\6.1

Parameter"InstallDir"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\6.1

Parameter"InstallDir"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for CFS2 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\2.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\2.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for CFS1 install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\1.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\1.0

Parameter"EXE Path"

... NOT found! ...

... NOT found! Asking user to find the .EXE instead ...

User identified path:

"C:\FS9\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9"

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FS9.1:

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC installed in:

C:\FS9\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Modules\FSUIPC.DLL

... No previous valid version found.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC into "C:\FS9\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Modules\FSUIPC.DLL"

"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder already exists.

Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder:

Installed "FSUIPC User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FS2004 controls.pdf" okay

Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" okay

Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay

Installed "SIMSAMURAI+FSUIPC+TUTORIAL.pdf" okay

I cannot access the "FSUIPC Install.log", it says: "Access denied."

And If I start FS9 it says, that it's not able to load FSUIPC.dll .

I hope that there is something, that can be done here.

Kind regards

Florian

This weekend I had to reinstall Vista, my Flight Simulator Folder was saved and everything works fine, except for FSUIPC.

I first saw it when I wanted to start FSUIPC: It was not registered.

If you reinstall Windows it is like going to a new PC, you do need to re-register.

When I tried to enter my key, the FS froze. This happened every time I tried to open FSUIPC.

You must register via the Installer.

So I deleted all FSUIPC files

Er, how many were there? There's only FSUIPC.DLL.

downloaded the latest version(3.98).

The latest is actually 3.989z, but that will be replaced by 3.99 next week. Recent updates are available in the Download Links subforum.

1. I have to find the FS9.exe manually.

That means FS9 is not properly installed,. There should be an install path in the Registry. But the Installer can fix that for you.

2. After I've chosen the correct .exe and it installs some files, I get this error:

"Problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC.DLL. Please check that I am not listed as an "untrusted publisher" in Internet Explorer."

The first thing is, that I'm using Mozilla Firefox and even if I download it with Internet Explorer, I get the same error and there is nothing in the list of untrusted publishers, that could cause this.

It's nothing to do with how you download it. Internet Explorer is the custodian of the trusts on different software publishers. It is only in IE you can find the list of those who are trusted and those not.

Here's the content of the installer, after the error occures:

You must let the Installer complete. That is not a full Install log.

I cannot access the "FSUIPC Install.log", it says: "Access denied."

I don't know what you are trying to access, but there's no way any text file will give you access denied. i suspect you are trying to access it whilst it is still in the middle of being written.

Also, because you installed FS in Program files, which Vista protects against users, you might not see the real Modules folder. Re-run the Installer, let it complete, answering any messages. Then run Windows Explorer by right-clicking it and selecting "Run as administrator". That should enable you to see and access the real Modules folder.

And If I start FS9 it says, that it's not able to load FSUIPC.dll .

FSUIPC will not run if it has a signature error. Either it is corrupted or it is listed an untrusted, or you have a Windows problem, such as missing cryptographic services. Is your vista up to date? Make sure it is at least up to SP2 level. There were problems in the early versions. You'd be best updating to Winnows 7.

Try right-clicking on the FSUIPC.DLL and selecting Properties. Look at the Digital Signature. Select it and check details If it is okay, it will say so.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the answer.

Actually I was able to solve the problem by doing two things:

1. Although the error occurred, the files itself were installed, but I couldn't access the FSUIPC.dll, because I did not have the access rights. So I did a right-click on the file -> Properties and gave me all rights.

After that, the FS was able to load the FSUIPC.dll, but as far as I opened it and tried to register, the FS froze again.

2. So I continued looking for a solution and read, that Actigate.dll may causes problems. So I deactivated ActiGate und renamed the Actigate.dll to Actigate.off .

After I have done that, I was able to enter all the things to register, but the next time I started the FS I was not shown as registered.

I looked again the Modules folder and found out, that I couldn't access the FSUIPC.ini, .key ... . So I gave me all the access rights, started the FS, registered and after I started the FS again, I was shown as registered and everything works fine now.

Actually a kind of strange solution, but it works perfectly.

Kind regards

Florian

2. So I continued looking for a solution and read, that Actigate.dll may causes problems. So I deactivated ActiGate und renamed the Actigate.dll to Actigate.off .

That must be an old version of Actigate. It was a big problem many years ago. I've not heard of any problem like that recently, not till now at least.

After I have done that, I was able to enter all the things to register, but the next time I started the FS I was not shown as registered.

I looked again the Modules folder and found out, that I couldn't access the FSUIPC.ini, .key ... . So I gave me all the access rights, started the FS, registered and after I started the FS again, I was shown as registered and everything works fine now.

I don't know how you don't get these access rights. The FSUIPC installer automatically changes the access rights on the Modules folder and all of its contents to full user read/write control. I've never heard of anyone having to mess about like you before. That's weird. It all sounds as if you hadn't really run the Installer.

And as I said before you should be registering in the Installer, NOT in FS + FSUIPC Options. That old facility doesn't always work properly in Vista and Win7 and is withdrawn in version 3.99 being released next week.

Regards

Pete