The simFlight Network Forums

downloaded wrong product

Hi Peter,

Yesterday I found out about FSUIPC4 and how it would better suit the setting up of my yoke CH eclipse and CH Pro Pedals, so I proceeded to download it (or at least I thought i was downloading it), but what i got was WIDEFS7, so i read about installing this instead and of course it said that I had to install FSUIPC first, so i went back to your site at SimMarket and downloaded FSUIPC4 and installed it first. At the end of the installation, it asked for the key, so I proceeded to install the key that i got with WIDEFS7, only to find, that it wouldn't work.

So I guess my question is this. Is there any way this can be fixed, or do i have to purchase FSUIPC4 to get the proper key? I have taken snapshots of all the screens, if you would like to see them, please let me know, i tried to attach one to this post, but it seems to be to large.

thank you

Gordon Steeves

Yesterday I found out about FSUIPC4 and how it would better suit the setting up of my yoke CH eclipse and CH Pro Pedals, so I proceeded to download it (or at least I thought i was downloading it), but what i got was WIDEFS7, so i read about installing this instead and of course it said that I had to install FSUIPC first, so i went back to your site at SimMarket and downloaded FSUIPC4 and installed it first.

You can download any of my programs you like. Most of them are fully freeware in any case. And you do not download any from SimMarket -- they only sell the access keys for user facilities and don't supply any downloads at all for anything of mine. You download main products from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson , and updates and assorted other goodies from the Download Links subforum, in this Forum.

At the end of the installation, it asked for the key, so I proceeded to install the key that i got with WIDEFS7, only to find, that it wouldn't work.

Ah, you mean you actually bought a key at SimMarket, not downloaded anything there.

So I guess my question is this. Is there any way this can be fixed, or do i have to purchase FSUIPC4 to get the proper key?

So your real post should have been "Purchased wrong product" not "Downloaded ..."?

I don't deal with any of the sales side. I only do development and support. I can only suggest you throw yourself on SimMarket's mercy, explain your mistake in a Problem Ticket and hope they will be generous. But I must say they are unlikely to be all that sympathetic. After all the headings on their purchase pages are very very explicit and it does warn you you cannot change or expect refunds ("NO REFUNDS GIVEN!"). The problem is if they do grant your wishes you've effectively also got a free copy of WideFS.

Regards

Pete