The simFlight Network Forums

Goflight module GF-T8

Hello,

I own a Goflight GF-T8 (toggle switch) module and would like to control it by FSUIPC. But so far, I wasn't successful:

If I move a switch up, the movement is registered by FSUIPC. So I can align the movement with a command. But if I move the switch down, FSUIPC doesn't register this movement. So I cannot align a command with this movement. So I cannot program a switch with for example "gear up" and "gear down".

(this is opposite to the Goflight GF-P8 modules, which have buttons, and which can be programmed by FSUIPC easily)

Can anybody help me?

Kind regards

Arndt

If I move a switch up, the movement is registered by FSUIPC. So I can align the movement with a command. But if I move the switch down, FSUIPC doesn't register this movement. So I cannot align a command with this movement. So I cannot program a switch with for example "gear up" and "gear down".

Of course you can!!! Look again at the place where you programmed that switch one way. Do you not even see the place below where you can assign the "off" or "release" too? Switch up = on = press, switch down = off = release.

(this is opposite to the Goflight GF-P8 modules, which have buttons, and which can be programmed by FSUIPC easily)

No, it is identical. with a button, press=on, release=off. There is absolutely no difference. You can in either case program the on/press and the off/release. In both cases electrically they are identical too -- on = current flows, off = current does not flow. Mechanically the difference is that a toggle switch locks in place whilst a button does not.

I think you must have skipped too much when you read the User Guide! ;-)

Pete