The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC disappears

Hi

I have a registered version of FSUIPC, and a few days ago, as I was not able to connect Radar Contact and Flight Sim Commander to FSX, I noticed that FSUIPC had disappeared from FSX.

As there was a new version, I've downloaded it and installed this new version 4.70a. Everything was OK, but on the day after, when I've loaded FSX, FSUIPC had disappeared, again.

I've reinstalled the version, and it was OK.

But, today, once more, no FSUIPC in FSX ! I've tried to do the same, but I did not succeed in reinstalling FSUIPC, even if everything seems progressing normaly.

May I have to try to reinstall FSUIPC once again. Is there a problem with this version, and may I have to use the 4.70b version even if I don't use WideFS ?

Many thanks for your answer

Pierre BOILEAU - France

I have a registered version of FSUIPC, and a few days ago, as I was not able to connect Radar Contact and Flight Sim Commander to FSX, I noticed that FSUIPC had disappeared from FSX.

When you say "disappeared", what exactly do you mean?

May I have to try to reinstall FSUIPC once again. Is there a problem with this version, and may I have to use the 4.70b version even if I don't use WideFS ?

The current updated version is 4.703. Have you tried that? (Please, always see the Download Links subforum for updates).

If you still have a problem, please explain it a little clearer -- I need to know what you actually mean by "FSUIPC had disappeared", as that makes no sense to me. How are you detecting this? Also it would help if you then closed down FSX and retrieved the FSUIPC4.LOG file from the FSX modules folder and pasted its contents into your message.

Regards

Pete

When you say "disappeared", what exactly do you mean?

The current updated version is 4.703. Have you tried that? (Please, always see the Download Links subforum for updates).

If you still have a problem, please explain it a little clearer -- I need to know what you actually mean by "FSUIPC had disappeared", as that makes no sense to me. How are you detecting this? Also it would help if you then closed down FSX and retrieved the FSUIPC4.LOG file from the FSX modules folder and pasted its contents into your message.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

At the right of the menu bar, at the top of the FSX screen, near "Help", there is an option called something like "More" (in french Compléments) with a dialog box allowing access to FSUIPC.

When I say FSUIPC disappears, it means that, in the dialog box of the menu bar, the choice FSUIPC had disappeared, and softs like Radar Contact and FS Commander can't be connected to FSX with an error message.

Yesterday, I've downloaded the file .dll of the 4.703 version, and today it's OK. If I meet once again that problem, I'll send you the FSUIPC4. LOG file.

For information, I use W7 - 64 bits

Thanks

Best regards

Pierre BOILEAU

At the right of the menu bar, at the top of the FSX screen, near "Help", there is an option called something like "More" (in french Compléments) with a dialog box allowing access to FSUIPC.

Ah, "Add-Ons" in English. Yes, that's the SimConnect addon programs menu.

When you say "disappears" do you mean it is there initially but not later, or not there at all from the time FSX is loaded and ready to fly?

When I say FSUIPC disappears, it means that, in the dialog box of the menu bar, the choice FSUIPC had disappeared, and softs like Radar Contact and FS Commander can't be connected to FSX with an error message.

If the FSUIPC menu entry doesn't appear at all, then it can only be one of two things:

EITHER FSUIPC isn't even being loaded. This will be due to either a SimConnect problem or a DLL.XML file problem. So, when the problem occurs lok to see if there is a new FSUIPC4 log file produced in the FSX Modules folder. If there isn't, then find your DLL.XML file (in the same folder as your FSX.CFG) and show it to me. If you don'yt know where to look show me the FSUIPC Install log and I can point you to where it is.

OR something is causing FSUIPC's connection to SimConnect to fail, so that it cannot get SimConnect to make the menu entry. This is almost unheard of, but when it does occur it appears to be due to some other loaded application causing SimConnect to stall. If anything like this is happening it is bad, but at least it should show up in the FSUIPC4 log file. So show me that first -- and possibly the DLL.XML and EXE.XML files too so i can see what else is loading.

For information, I use W7 - 64 bits

So do I. Best choice! ;-)

Regards

Pete

Ah, "Add-Ons" in English. Yes, that's the SimConnect addon programs menu.

When you say "disappears" do you mean it is there initially but not later, or not there at all from the time FSX is loaded and ready to fly?

If the FSUIPC menu entry doesn't appear at all, then it can only be one of two things:

EITHER FSUIPC isn't even being loaded. This will be due to either a SimConnect problem or a DLL.XML file problem. So, when the problem occurs lok to see if there is a new FSUIPC4 log file produced in the FSX Modules folder. If there isn't, then find your DLL.XML file (in the same folder as your FSX.CFG) and show it to me. If you don'yt know where to look show me the FSUIPC Install log and I can point you to where it is.

OR something is causing FSUIPC's connection to SimConnect to fail, so that it cannot get SimConnect to make the menu entry. This is almost unheard of, but when it does occur it appears to be due to some other loaded application causing SimConnect to stall. If anything like this is happening it is bad, but at least it should show up in the FSUIPC4 log file. So show me that first -- and possibly the DLL.XML and EXE.XML files too so i can see what else is loading.

So do I. Best choice! ;-)

Regards

Pete

For me, the FSUIPC choice is always in the "Add-ons" menu bar when FSX is loaded, but, there, it had disappeared.

For the moment, it's OK with the new FSUIPC4.dll file (version 4.703). I'll send you the files you're talking about, if something new happens.

Thank you for helping

Pierre

For me, the FSUIPC choice is always in the "Add-ons" menu bar when FSX is loaded, but, there, it had disappeared.

Hmmm. Sounds like its connection with SimConnect stalled and when it tried to re-connect it failed to do so. I'd certainly need to see the log and the DLL.XML and EXE.XML files, to see what could be interacting with SimConnect to do that.

For the moment, it's OK with the new FSUIPC4.dll file (version 4.703). I'll send you the files you're talking about, if something new happens.

Okay. I don't think 4.703 will fix it -- the changes in that affect registration checks on loading, nothing during normal operation.

Regards

Pete