The simFlight Network Forums

Logitech G940 LEDs in FSX

Hi Peter,

I've bought the G940 by Logitech but haven't found any soft I'd like to use to make its LEDs work with gear, AP, anything... I plan to try to develop one myself, using C++, Code::Blocks, SDL and SimConnect.

Before I start to waste my time, do you think it is possible or this tools will not be suitable? It would be a lot of work to me, regarding the time I've been not programming...

Benoît

PS : sorry for any spelling or syntax mistakes.

I've bought the G940 by Logitech but haven't found any soft I'd like to use to make its LEDs work with gear, AP, anything... I plan to try to develop one myself, using C++, Code::Blocks, SDL and SimConnect.

Before I start to waste my time, do you think it is possible or this tools will not be suitable? It would be a lot of work to me, regarding the time I've been not programming...

Sorry, i don't know the device at all. Is it a USB HID device or a USB serial port device? If so you could try using a Lua plug in using the COM library. Might be a quicker development path, or at least a way of prototyping something ready for a C++ program.

To get into the protocols of devices I use the tools from AggSoft -- their advanced serial and USB port monitors are very good. You get a trial period with them too, which might even be enough.

Regards

Pete