The simFlight Network Forums

Bouncing plane

Hi there can you possibly help me. I may be asking the wrong person here but its to do with FSUIPC that comes with ivao. Im assuming that this may have somthing to do with you.

Let me explain.

Ive just done a complete reinstal of windows and fsx. ive just purchased and installed level d 767 but when i input the cost index the plane starts jumping on the spot. So because of this i did a complete reinstal again. 1 by 1 I installed my add-onns thinking that thes maybe causing conflict so after each install of add-onn i check fsx-level d and so far so good. I get to ivao and install inwhich instals FSUIPC and guess what the plane starts jumping again. So all i can put it down to is ivao/fsuipc. Ok so i now uninstall ivao but it leaves fsuipc there and still i get jumping plane.

Have you come across this problam before and do you think it can be fsuipc

Look forward to your reply

Thanks

Dave

Hi there can you possibly help me. I may be asking the wrong person here but its to do with FSUIPC that comes with ivao. Im assuming that this may have somthing to do with you.

I wrote FSUIPC but I don't know anything about it "coming with IVAO".

Ive just done a complete reinstal of windows and fsx. ive just purchased and installed level d 767 but when i input the cost index the plane starts jumping on the spot. So because of this i did a complete reinstal again. 1 by 1 I installed my add-onns thinking that thes maybe causing conflict so after each install of add-onn i check fsx-level d and so far so good. I get to ivao and install inwhich instals FSUIPC and guess what the plane starts jumping again. So all i can put it down to is ivao/fsuipc. Ok so i now uninstall ivao but it leaves fsuipc there and still i get jumping plane.

Have you come across this problam before and do you think it can be fsuipc

No. FSUIPC4 does nothing unless you ask it to, and if you haven't paid for a Registration and set up parameters in it to make it do something, it does nothing. It is just an interface into FS for other programs to use.

Please be aware that, in any case, I cannot support any old versions of FSUIPC4. I don't know what version you are using, but the earliest supported version for FSX is 4.70. If your copy of FSUIPC4 is being installed by some other program it is likely that it is completely out of date, so do please check.

Additionally, as far as I am aware, IVAO is an organisation, like VATSIM, for on-line flying. It isn't a program, so it won't be installing anything. I *think* the program they use is called IVAP (but i'm not sure), and, as far as I can determine, that program, for FSX, uses SimConnect to talk to FS, not FSUIPC4 at all. In fact FSUIPC4 cannot be used for any form of multiplayer, and I assume you need some multiplayer capable program in order to see other fliers.

So all in all I think there's something strangely amiss in what you are installing. Shouldn't you check with IVAO or IVAP support?

Regards

Pete

Thanks for your time pete. Im sorry for hasseling you but i think FSUIPC is the source of the problam Im not saying its to do with you but really im just trying to get help.

When i instaled IVAO/IVAP it does ask do i want to install or upgrade FSUIPC as i have no versians installed so i clicked yes. Now in add-onns at the top of fsx free flight page there is a option for FSUIPC and inthere it says that versian 4.20 is install but not registered. Im sure this is needed to see other planes online. Prior to installing IVAO the plane worked perfectly.

Pleas dont be affended by this but all im asking is to see if you have come across this before.

Thanks

Dave

Thanks for your time pete. Im sorry for hasseling you but i think FSUIPC is the source of the problam Im not saying its to do with you but really im just trying to get help.

When i instaled IVAO/IVAP it does ask do i want to install or upgrade FSUIPC as i have no versians installed so i clicked yes. Now in add-onns at the top of fsx free flight page there is a option for FSUIPC and inthere it says that versian 4.20 is install but not registered. Im sure this is needed to see other planes online.

Two points there:

1. I cannot possibly support version 4.20, it is years out of date! If you want or need FSUIPC4 installed then you MUST update to 4.70 or later.

2. There is absolutely no way FSUIPC is needed to view other planes on-line as there are no facilities whatsoever in FSUIPC to provide this capability. Your on-line application MUST be using SimConnect for that.

Prior to installing IVAO the plane worked perfectly.

There is nothing FSUIPC can or will do unless you or a program asks it to. It is simply an interface. It does nothing at all by itself.

Pleas dont be affended by this but all im asking is to see if you have come across this before.

No. I've seen reports of bouncing planes but they always seem to come down to a discrepancy between airport ground levels. Maybe your IVAO program wants you at a different altitude? Please contact IVAO support. Tell them, to start with, that they should certainly NOT be installing such an old FSUIPC version as 4.20. Also ask them what they use FSUIPC for, as I cannot imagine why they install it. SquawkBox and FSInn, the other major on-line flying programs certainly do not. they use FSUIPC3 on FS9, but SimConnect on FSX.

Regards

Pete