The simFlight Network Forums

Reading FS variables

Hi everyone,

Many months ago, I asked some question on the VRS forum about what variables I can read from FSUIPC to create an EFD for their amazing F-18 model using the Saitek FIP.

Here was the question:

I can't figure out what FSUIPC variables to use for EXT fuel levels, NOZ%, BINGO, well, and all fuel stuff.

And the answer from the team:

NOZ% is TURB ENG PRIMARY NOZZLE PERCENT:1 and TURB ENG PRIMARY NOZZLE PERCENT:2. Note that these will change with FSX and possibly even SP3 for FS9 because we will be calculating them ourselves in the future. You will be able to read them as before, but the values shown will be wrong.

BINGO is an arbitrary custom variable and not part of the MSFS stock variable suite. It can't be read from FSUIPC.

EXT fuel:

Fuel Tank External1 Quantity = LEFT MIDBOARD

Fuel Tank Left Tip Quantity = LEFT INBOARD

Fuel Tank Center2 Quantity = CENTERLINE

Fuel Tank Right Tip Quantity = RIGHT INBOARD

Fuel Tank External2 Quantity = RIGHT MIDBOARD

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find those variables in the documentation of FSUIPC and I finally gave up because of missing time... Now I want to go back to this project but I need your help to find the address of those variables if they exist.

I just registered FSUIPC because this soft really rocks and deserve few bucks :)

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find those variables in the documentation of FSUIPC and I finally gave up because of missing time... Now I want to go back to this project but I need your help to find the address of those variables if they exist.

Assuming you mean the fuel tank levels, which documentation did you search? Because if you search on the word "tank" or "fuel" in either of the FSUIPC offsets lists from the SDK you'll find them easily.

Regards

Pete

Hi pete,

Thank you for your reply. Indeed, fuel tanks are there starting at 0x0B74 and 0x1244 but what about TURB ENG PRIMARY NOZZLE PERCENT? According to fs2x web site, these variables seem to exist in the SIM1.DLL file, are they accessible with FSUIPC?

Sorry if I ask stupid questions here but I'm quite new to FSUIPC and FS2004 programming.

Thank you for your reply. Indeed, fuel tanks are there starting at 0x0B74 and 0x1244 but what about TURB ENG PRIMARY NOZZLE PERCENT? According to fs2x web site, these variables seem to exist in the SIM1.DLL file, are they accessible with FSUIPC?

Not sure. I can certainly get them in FSX if needed -- no one's ever asked for them, but they are easy enough in FSX as far as I can see.

In FS9 I think they are the same as TURB_ENGINE_1_PCT_AREA, etc, which might be accessible okay at 2074 (engine 1) etc -- see the secondary list (unsupported) at the end of the main "FSUIPC for Programmers" document. As far as I can tell, "PCT_AREA" is the same as "Nozzle percent". The double following (207C) is the reverse equivalent.

I cannot undertake to check these for you, but do let me know if they look right. If so maybe I'll add support for them n FSUIPC4 too, for FSX.

Sorry if I ask stupid questions here

That wasn't stupid. It's a jolly good question. Interesting that no one's been after such values in the 12 years or so of FSUIPC! ;-)

I'm away now till Monday.

Regards

Pete