The simFlight Network Forums

Smoothing options in FSUIPC

Hi Pete,

for the problem that you know, I'm back from ASE to active sky 6.5.

In ASE, I have the minimum surface visibility = 0 sm, maximum surface visibility = 100 sm, maximum upper visibility = 50 sm reached to the upper altitude of 5000 ft AGL.

In your opinion, what parameters should I put in FSUIPC smoothing options?

Thanks and regards

In ASE, I have the minimum surface visibility = 0 sm, maximum surface visibility = 100 sm, maximum upper visibility = 50 sm reached to the upper altitude of 5000 ft AGL.

In your opinion, what parameters should I put in FSUIPC smoothing options?

Those are really entirely to user taste. Seems odd to me to have surface visibility allowed up to 100 sm whilst upper only 50 -- isn't that the wrong way around? surely you expect to see a lot further once aloft?

in FSUIPC3 I always had much lower surface visibilties related to weather, with the defaults as shown (e.g. a max of 30 even if clear weather). Then graduated visibility up to around 20,000 (I fly airliners) at 100 sm or so. If you fly GA you might want a lower upper threshold.

Regards

Pete