The simFlight Network Forums

Nose gear light & gear up/down

• 2 weeks later...

I have my landing gear set to my button 2, push gear up push again gear down. Can I have it so that when I'm on approach when I have the gear down that the nose landing light comes on?

There are several ways of doing that, but fewer if you have the button set to do "gear toggle". It will involve editing the FSUIPC INI file in any case, so if you show me the [buttons] section from that file I can be more specific.

Regards

Pete

Here is the section from the ini file:

[JoyNames]

AutoAssignLetters=No

0=Saitek X52 Flight Controller

0.GUID={14FC7E10-128B-11DF-8001-444553540000}

1=Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

1.GUID={588A8F90-3108-11E0-8001-444553540000}

[buttons]

ButtonRepeat=20,10

1=P0,7,K90,8

2=P0,6,C65861,0

3=P0,11,C66299,0

4=P0,10,C66298,0

5=P0,1,K73,24

6=P0,5,C66066,0

7=P0,13,K68,9

8=P0,12,K85,9

I've also been trying to figure out how to disenguage the autopilot with buttons. Most of the planes I fly are ie ifly, level-D, pmdg. Z doesn't work with these type of aircraft. I just need to toggle the disenguage bar.

1=P0,7,K90,8

2=P0,6,C65861,0

3=P0,11,C66299,0

4=P0,10,C66298,0

5=P0,1,K73,24

6=P0,5,C66066,0

7=P0,13,K68,9

8=P0,12,K85,9

Er .. you said "I have my landing gear set to my button 2", but you don't seem to have that listed here? Is it assigned in FS, not FSUIPC?

I've also been trying to figure out how to disenguage the autopilot with buttons.

FS provides separate "AUTOPILOT OFF" and "AUTOPILOT ON" controls, so you should be okay.

Most of the planes I fly are ie ifly, level-D, pmdg. Z doesn't work with these type of aircraft. I just need to toggle the disenguage bar.

You'd need to find out what does it for each individual add-on aircraft. FSUIPC can only present what it knows from FS itself. Those add-ons which do their own thing should be providing keyboard shortcuts or controls to operate them. Sometimes it can be done with mouse macros (PMDG typically), sometimes with local gauge variables (L:Vars), sometimes with assigned keystrokes. Check the "User Contributions" subforum. You might find useful hints there.

Regards

Pete

OK, I've added the gear up/down to the ini file:

[buttons]

ButtonRepeat=20,10

1=P0,7,K90,8

2=P0,6,C65861,0

3=P0,11,C66299,0

4=P0,10,C66298,0

5=P0,1,K73,24

6=P0,5,C66066,0

7=P0,13,K68,9

8=P0,12,K85,9

9=P0,4,K71,8

So what should I do to get the nose gear light to go on/off when I raise/lower the landing gear. I'll check out the other thing about autopilot. Too bad you can't specify a particular model of a plane instead of a specific plane, ie level-d winglet model instead of ual level-d winglet. That would save having to open up each aircraft and appling the assignment you want.

OK, I've added the gear up/down to the ini file:

Do you mean this, for button 4?

9=P0,4,K71,8

Why are you using FS-assigned keypresses like 'G' instead of the FS controls they are assigned to in FS? Seems a very inefficient way of doing things, having two assignments, two lookups, just for a simple action?

So what should I do to get the nose gear light to go on/off when I raise/lower the landing gear.

I assume you mean landing lights? FS doesn't implement separate controls for inboard and outboard lights.

The easiest way is simply to add another line to switch the landing lights on and off with the same button:

10=P0,4,C65751,0

That'll toggle the lights at the same time as you toggle the gear. You just need to make sure they are both off or both on when you start.

Too bad you can't specify a particular model of a plane instead of a specific plane, ie level-d winglet model instead of ual level-d winglet. That would save having to open up each aircraft and appling the assignment you want.

Well of course you can You've not read much of the documentation, or the examples in Appendices and so on? With "ShortAircraftNameOk" set to "substring" you can use any part of the full name to identify it. Or, much better usually, you can use the aircraft Profiles facility instead. Having identical sections for the same aircraft with different liveries makes no sense, it just makes the INI file much bigger for no reason!

Pete