The simFlight Network Forums

View Cockpit Forward

Hi,

I have two buttons mapped on my joystick to switch between 2D and 3D cockpits. The buttons are mapped to "View Cockpit Forward" (66653) and "View Virtual Cockpit Forward" (66654). These have been working fine except recently I have installed a realistic view patch for the iFly-737 for FSX whih has changed some view options in the panel.cfg for that aircraft and the camera.cfg for FSX. These buttons now no longer give me a forward view like I had before.

Upon loading the sim I am in VC with a reasonable view. If I use the button I have mapped to switch to 2D cockpit I am looking up into the air about 15 degrees. Then if I use the button to switch back to 3D cockpit, the zooming and field of view is not what I had before. If I switch views using the right click menu this problem does not occur.

It might help if you could shed some light on what these two commands are using for their reference positions as it appears the eyepoints or something that these commands are giving are not being read from my new panel.cfgs.

Many Thanks

Greg

PS: FSCUIPC.DLL v4.703

I have two buttons mapped on my joystick to switch between 2D and 3D cockpits. The buttons are mapped to "View Cockpit Forward" (66653) and "View Virtual Cockpit Forward" (66654). These have been working fine except recently I have installed a realistic view patch for the iFly-737 for FSX whih has changed some view options in the panel.cfg for that aircraft and the camera.cfg for FSX. These buttons now no longer give me a forward view like I had before.

I expect they use different camera definitions. The camera facilities in FSX are both a blessing (because they are so flexible) and a curse (because they are so flexible).

Upon loading the sim I am in VC with a reasonable view. If I use the button I have mapped to switch to 2D cockpit I am looking up into the air about 15 degrees. Then if I use the button to switch back to 3D cockpit, the zooming and field of view is not what I had before. If I switch views using the right click menu this problem does not occur.

And what FS control is that "right click menu" sending? Use FSUIPC event logging to find out.

It might help if you could shed some light on what these two commands are using for their reference positions as it appears the eyepoints or something that these commands are giving are not being read from my new panel.cfgs.

Sorry, i did not write FSX and I do not always know exactly what any FS commands do. As I said, I think the cameras can be reprogrammed by anyone, including especially aircraft add-on makers. Best way to determine which commands to use is to find out which ones do what you want, and FSUIPC logging can help. Alternatively, for add-on aircraft, maybe they provide documentation which helps with keyboard shortcuts or similar?

Regards

Pete

I expect they use different camera definitions. The camera facilities in FSX are both a blessing (because they are so flexible) and a curse (because they are so flexible).

And what FS control is that "right click menu" sending? Use FSUIPC event logging to find out.

Sorry, i did not write FSX and I do not always know exactly what any FS commands do. As I said, I think the cameras can be reprogrammed by anyone, including especially aircraft add-on makers. Best way to determine which commands to use is to find out which ones do what you want, and FSUIPC logging can help. Alternatively, for add-on aircraft, maybe they provide documentation which helps with keyboard shortcuts or similar?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

I don't see anything in the camera file that would affect the view angle as I am seeing it. I only see zoom settings. Any reference to view directions is in the panel configs but this problem is occuring on all aircraft.

I tried logging the commands but only the buttons appear to be recorded. Selecting the different views from the right click menu doesn't show up in the log. Interestingly if I use the button assigned to VIEW_COCKPIT_FORWARD the view looks up in the air about 10-15deg. But if I then use the hat switch to look left or right, upon centering the hat switch the view looks normal.

I am now completely lost.

I don't see anything in the camera file that would affect the view angle as I am seeing it. I only see zoom settings. Any reference to view directions is in the panel configs but this problem is occuring on all aircraft.

But you said:

These have been working fine except recently I have installed a realistic view patch for the iFly-737 for FSX whih has changed some view options in the panel.cfg for that aircraft and the camera.cfg for FSX. These buttons now no longer give me a forward view like I had before.

...So something in the " realistic view patch" changed something, evidently, and the only things I know which get affected for views are cameras. But it really isn't my area of expertise, so there might be something else.

I tried logging the commands but only the buttons appear to be recorded.

Button logging isn't the same as Event logging. Are you sure you selected the right option? For instance, with Event logging on pressing "G" would log as "Gear toggle".

I am now completely lost.

Have you tried iFly support? It isn't really anything I know much about I'm afraid.

Regards

Pete