The simFlight Network Forums

Autobrake issue FSX

Hi Pete, I have a problem with my FSX and I suppose it's related with FSUIPC module.

I've just reinstall all my pc - so clean installation: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, all the drivers and FSX Gold Edition.

The problem I have is with the autobrake system both with 3rd party add-ons and with default planes such as the 737-800.

Both during take off and landing the autobrakes don't work (they don't engage). After many tests (with and without my Logitech G940 flight controls) I notice that if I use FSUIPC the autobrakes don't work but if I remove your module they work perfectly!

I tried to set different values within joystick calibration tab in FSUIPC but without success. I've tried to disable also my joystick - so using only the keyboard - the problem persist.

With FSUIPC autobrakes don't work, without it they work.

I have this issue both with FSUIPC v4.60, v4.70 and the latest 4.703

Unfortunately I cannot try with version before 4.60

Let me know, please

Many thanks!

Regards, Massimo

Both during take off and landing the autobrakes don't work (they don't engage). After many tests (with and without my Logitech G940 flight controls) I notice that if I use FSUIPC the autobrakes don't work but if I remove your module they work perfectly!

FSUIPC doesn't do anything of its own accord. Maybe you have toe brakes operating slightly -- i.e. without a decent null zone -- so causing the autobrakes to dissengage. Otherwise it must be something else using FSUIPC to operate or kill the autobrakes.

FSUIPC is just a tool. It doesn't do things without being told.

I tried to set different values within joystick calibration tab in FSUIPC but without success. I've tried to disable also my joystick

Maybe you still have brakes assigned to something which isn't calibrated. Try deleting your FSUIPC4.INI file.

Regards

Pete