The simFlight Network Forums

Master Caution

I am building a C-130 cockpit, and want to put in a "Master Caution" lamp, but kan not find the offset for this. Will taht be possible in the future?

What simulates this "master caution"? I think you will need to work out that yourself. Presumably it is a result of analysing lots of different things.

FSUIPC is not a simulator, it only provides access to things that are simulated. If "master caution" is not simulated, and it doesn't appear to be, you will have to derive it yourself.

Regards,

Pete

Hi again

And thanks for your quick reply.

If i look in the panels for diffrent aircrafts, i can see many off them have a master caution gauge, i assume that was data from the FS, but maybe the gauge is programmet for it.

I will now try to build in the hardware.

Have anybody else made the Master Caution, I will be glad to hear from them.

Regards

Finn

If i look in the panels for diffrent aircrafts, i can see many off them have a master caution gauge, i assume that was data from the FS, but maybe the gauge is programmet for it.

It will be deriving it from other indications. I don't know what. All my aircraft books say is that this indicator means "a system annunciator has come on". So presumably you need to check these "annunciators" (other indicators), and if any are on, set the Master Caution too.

On the real 737 there's 6 annunciator lights for each of Captain and 1st Officer, classifying problems as "FLT CONT", "ELEC", "IRS", "APU", "FUEL" and "OVHT/DET" for Captain, and "ANTI ICE", "ENG", "HYD", "OVERHEAD", "DOORS" and "AIR COND" for the 1st Officer. In the books each of those breaks down into a list of possible conditions.

If you are programming this for a specific aircraft then you need to choose your specific panel and see what's being simulated and what is not, and derive all this stuff appropriately. For well programmed panels you'll no doubt need the aircraft operating manual to get it right.

Regards,

Pete