The simFlight Network Forums

FSX Freezing on pressing PTT yoke button.

I've recently started getting an unusual problem.

I fly on line with VATSIM. This last week I have found that when I press the PTT designated button, on the yoke, then FSX freezes and remains frozen for several seconds afterwards. My transmission goes through, ATC confirms this, but the Mic remains open for the duration of the freeze. I had thought, initially, that this was an aircraft specific problem, but unfortunately it is not.

I've tried setting different buttons on the yoke, and keys on the keyboard, to perform this task but this hasn't helped.

I've made certain that I'm using the latest FSUIPC (4.7.0.3) and the latest WideClient (6.8.6), but again without success.

Before I reload FSX could anyone suggest what the problem might be?

I fly on line with VATSIM. This last week I have found that when I press the PTT designated button, on the yoke, then FSX freezes and remains frozen for several seconds afterwards. My transmission goes through, ATC confirms this, but the Mic remains open for the duration of the freeze. I had thought, initially, that this was an aircraft specific problem, but unfortunately it is not.

I've tried setting different buttons on the yoke, and keys on the keyboard, to perform this task but this hasn't helped.

Check with support for the VATSIM program you are using (Squawkbox or FScopilot./FSInn?). The button or key programming and action in FSUIPC is no different for PTT than any other assignment -- the request will simply go directly to the program responsible. So it will be some consequent behaviour in that area.

Regards

Pete

Check with support for the VATSIM program you are using (Squawkbox or FScopilot./FSInn?). The button or key programming and action in FSUIPC is no different for PTT than any other assignment -- the request will simply go directly to the program responsible. So it will be some consequent behaviour in that area.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for your reply Pete.

I've found that I get the same issue, FSX freezing, even if I uninstall SquawkBox. As you've ruled out FSUIPC as the culprit that seems to leave FSX as the problem.

I see a complete reinstall coming on.:sad:

Keith